Rear Door

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by dynasty3695, Sep 3, 2011.

1. dynasty3695

dynasty3695 Well-Known Member

I don't know what the hell happened, but this morning I was able to open driver side rear door. About 20 minutes later I walked out side and my door wont even budge. I'm not stupid, I didn't put the child lock on! I tried to open it from the inside and out side but nothing, wont even budge and nothing is jammed in the door. I was working on it about a month ago and I do remember I had a little to much slack in the lock cable behind the panel. I'm suspicious that maybe the cable now has to much slack and just wont unlock the door. I'm stumped on getting the door open but once I do i'm sure ill be able to fix the problem. So I come to you guys with any suggestions on trying to get it open

2. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Use your warranty. Bring it to your dealer.

3. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

I agree.

sent from the ultimate thunderbolt

4. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

yeah i would say the same thing also make sure if it was buyed brand new that they give a explanation and if they have to replace the door have them throw in some goodies for the trouble

5. dynasty3695

warranty is long gone, about 10k miles ago! Im going to have a friend help me out today see if we can get any were!

6. dynasty3695

Well I got the door open, just not the way I was hoping to...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. blueking_4

dang dude! you alright?!

8. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Whoa, what happened? You OK?

9. slickdevil08

yeah i saw this car and was like holy shit! hope your ok man

10. dynasty3695

Im all right, it was right down the street from my house. Took it right through the woods, missed a telephone pole by a foot and took out several trees, ended up on the roof. I've got a concussion and a bunch of cuts and bruises. I still havnt seen the car but ill be going in a few hours to see it in light

11. slickdevil08

dang dude glad your ok but that sucks about the car maybe ull be able to get an upgrade tho :)

12. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Wow! So I can safely say that you don't need that door fixed after all. Glad your more or less okay. Sucks about the car thought, that burnt orange was my first choice of color. Inboxed btw.

13. dynasty3695

Thanks man, as much as I would love that evo I think its safe to say i'm going to get a used pick up, hopefully in a few years when I can afford the evo ill jump on that. Or at least go to the dealership and take one for a test drive =p

14. dynasty3695

It's rally red, the flash makes it look orange.

15. dynasty3695

Got to take a look today at the damage, still in shock

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. blueking_4

HOLY F***ING S***!!!! Really glad you are alright dude! Really sorry you lost that lovely machine...:(

17. dynasty3695

Thanks blueking. I treated that car as if it was my new born daughter, always had compliments because I always took care of her.

18. slickdevil08

yes but always remember when one door closes another door opens my friend

19. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

I'm really sorry to see your car like that man. But at least you're OK. Hopefully there's a silver lining here. Hang in there buddy.

20. aznboiultra

aznboiultra Well-Known Member

DAM that is some crazy s***!, I'm glad your still alive, we all can know now that mit's can build a pretty dam safe car. I am curious how fast were you going before you hit the first tree?