Rausch's 02' Lancer OZ Build.

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Rausch, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

Im gonna keep thiz going for now. But I did find a 91 240sx twin turbo that I may pick up.

Anyways. Went home on break and did a littke recon around the neighbors house. Found my package haha. So ill be able to do some body work.

2. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

Was at the tattoo parlor today, having a smoke outside and all of the sudden some kid swipes the lancer, slows right down, looks at me, and speeds off... So I went back in and had my tattoo finished, 30 minutes later 2 cops and the kid come back. Had a nice long talk to him, "wasn't pissed that it happened, shit happens. But you have to own up to it and not take off." Cops kept trying to press me into pressing charges but I had them let him go.

But anyways, start some rust repair tonight.

3. SilentCool

SilentCool Well-Known Member

That sucks man, how bad was the damage? Any pics? So sorry that happened. I hope you get everything body wise sorted.

4. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

Yeah he just wrinkled up the rear bumper. Be he had nice yellow paint down the whole side of his car,

5. SilentCool

Well he didn't get away from the wrath of the Lancer!

6. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

Haha sorry I havent responded in quite a while. This car has been a nightmare actually. But recently ive put an absolutely all new stainless exhaust, new power steering pumo and lines, belts. Ugh haha

7. SilentCool

Take your time and build it. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. What seems to be the problematic areas?

8. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

Well I know its been forever and this has been an awefully short term but I need to get rid of this car.

So far ive replaced
    -alternator
    -battery
    -power steering pump
    -plugs, coils, wires
    -drivers front caliper, pads in front
    -exhaust and header
    -valve cover gaskets

And here is whats currently wrong
    -evap box by the gastank is destroyed
    -rust through everything
    -no rear brakes due to blown lines
    -transmission case leaking
    -spare tire fell through trunk from rust
    -revs high on first start, must be iat, or iacv

Not completely complaining but if someone wants to buy the car for parts I would love it gone. I do still drive it everyday, motor still runs strong. But the body is too fargone and the trans will need a new seal.

9. SilentCool

Aw man sorry, I hope you find another one or best of luck with whatever you chose next

10. SilentCool

Btw if you were parting out I would love to purchase the oz skirts and bumpers

11. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

If I grab another car ill pull those off for yah.

12. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

I saw a 2012 lancer I liked. But ill end up getting a truck.

13. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

Well. Came to the decision that im going to be derbying this car. I know some of you may be a little irritated by that but I promise I wouldnt do it unless the car was beyond repair. I figure with the way the chassis is setup with extra reinforcement it may be a bit stronger. Im not sure about doing a partout but we will see when the time comes.

14. slammedlife28

slammedlife28 Member

Are u planning on engine built too ?