Ra to evo bpv upgrade

Discussion in 'Ralliart - Performance' started by injentech, Jul 3, 2010.

1. injentech

injentech Active Member

question, why do people buy the stock evo x bpv and use it on their RA??? does it really make any kind of difference?

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

It releases back pressure a bit quicker is all. Not by much, but it is a good investment if you plan on upgrading your turbo. You are talking about the blow off valve/ back pressure valve?

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Ha...there is an article in this month's Super Street about this. It talks about which upgrades are Evo and R/A interchangeable, and how to get to stges I, II, and III.

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

+1 as stated earlier...

5. injentech

injentech Active Member

nice!!!! thanks you guys just wanted to know. i just want to get a CAI first, but i really want to hear the spooling and the blow off heheeheh :)

6. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

You can achieve the "psh" effect with a CAI since it has an open element air filter. Turbo spool will also be very audible.

The RA vs. X BOV are virtually the same. The RA BOV is plastic, whereas the X is metal/aluminum. You can also use an Evo 9 BOV (also metal/aluminum). Swapping out the Stock RA BOV with either the X or 9 will not provide the "psh" effect as both are still recirculated.