RA auto to 5 speed swap...sportback no getting new car

Discussion in 'Ralliart - Performance' started by 04sportback, Jul 27, 2012.

1. 04sportback

04sportback Member

Okay so i have a 2004 lancer sportback ralliart auto since thats all the sportback came with, i love driving 5 speed and i miss it soo much. i was wondering where i can get this tranny swap done and maybe a rough estimate on cost?
    I dont want a different car, 2004 sportback is kind of rare as they only made it in the US for one year if im not mistaken.

PLEASE HELP ME

2. 04sportback

04sportback Member

Does any body know if I could just get the tranny and ecu from an 04 ralliart sedan?
    Will that stuff just kind of swap over, obviously I know that I would need the clutch essembly with pedal and all of that stuff
    i am going to just look for a really crappy really cheap 5 speed RA so that I can have all those parts to have at my disposal, I am saving up for a jdm tranny though, one that has not been beat to death, lol

3. 04sportback

04sportback Member

Anyone?
    Has any one done this?

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it done in an RA before, but I'm sure it can be done. The major things are going to be the trans, ecu, shift cables, shift base, pedal assembly, line to the distribution block to the slave, and cutting the holes in the firewall...but as stated, I think it can be done.