Quiet Intake

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by UnderCover, Mar 10, 2011.

1. UnderCover

UnderCover Member

Hey everyone -
    I had an RRM v1 intake, and hated it...it had a loud muffled sound that didn't sit well with me. Since I took it off, I have been wanted to buy a new set up. I am not a teenager begging for attention, and I hate the sound that a lot of intakes make. Anyone have any idea which set up would be the quietest? I have heard the AEM is quite but I have no evidence to support that. I have no preference between short ram or CAI, I just want the pep without the "pop."

I did an extensive search and didn't find quite the answer I was hoping for, hopefully this isn't a repeat thread :)

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, any SRI is going to be somewhat loud. Most CAI's will make more noise than the stock setup. Before I bought my first intake, I cut a hole in the bottom of my stock airbox, and ran some flexible piping down to get fresh air. If I remember right, it didn't make that much of a difference in the sound level....but that's been 7 years ago, and my memory is fading....

3. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

why not just get a knn drop in filter? the flow better so youll get a little power gain, not as much as an intake, but it doesnt change the sound of your car. plus they last 100k miles i beleve

4. UnderCover

UnderCover Member

I thought about the drop in, but I am am getting the works p1 flash and want to make the most out of it. I guess my major concern isn't the "volume" per say, but I don't want the akward resonation.

5. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

A drop-in filter is your only option if you want to keep quiet.

6. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member