quick suspension question

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Suspension' started by mitsuG, Mar 19, 2011.

1. mitsuG

mitsuG Well-Known Member

looking to buy some tein s-tech springs and they say they fit 02-06 lancers

so my question is, do the 02-03 lancer ES and 04-06 lancer ES have the same suspension or different? since they r two different body styles

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I believe they're different.

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

The rears will fit, but I think the fronts are going to have a larger diameter spring than the 02-03's. I think....

4. mitsuG

mitsuG Well-Known Member

im thinking they r different too but idk i hate how they categorize the two body styles together when they r completely different in a way when it comes to aftermarket parts

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Yeah. Always confused me how they were all considered 7g's. Same frame or something or base engine components or something probably.

6. mitsuG

mitsuG Well-Known Member

since we were on the topic of what fits with 02-03 and 04-06 models. yall think a cat back for a 02-03 fit on an 04-06? thinking bout upgrading to a new exhuast

7. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

They should fit. The only difference between the whole exhaust system for the 02-03 lancer is the 2nd cat is seperate compared to 04-06 where the 2nd cat is apart of the downpipe.

8. mitsuG

mitsuG Well-Known Member

true true. anybody else have any input?

i think if some one took a pic of their exhuast and some measurments i could probably figure it out. i know how my exhaust looks, just dont know how the 02-03's look

pics would help out alot =)

9. Jogenmaru

I will try to make a complete video tomorrow. My exhaust is welded but I know where the connecting points are at and point them out for you.

10. mitsuG

mitsuG Well-Known Member

thanks bro. i really really appreciate it

11. Jogenmaru

Man it took me forever to find this link again.

here are the pics and a short vid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]