Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Archie, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Archie

Archie Member

Hey everyone. I'm planning on turboing the 02 Lancer. I'm confident in my abilities to install it myself. I've done loads of research and have found pretty much everything I need to get myself started, but I still have a few questions.

1. If I build my own custom kit and use Evo parts, (intercooler, BoV, Turbo) Could I use aftermarket parts for these cars or do they need to be stock?

2. I'm planning on doing a complete engine rebuild (Forged pistons, RRM connecting rods, RRM ported head, etc, etc) Could I handle more than the usual 7-8 psi boost?

3. I know everything that I need to know for the installation, but not necessarily for after the turbo is in. I need to know where I can begin to learn the basics of tuning my engine.

2. go look in the forced induction thread. everything you need to know is in there. a couple of different guys have put together a few very informative peices

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Ty nukbanana

The only things you can swap between lancer and evo is intercooler kits and turbos. You however have to get a wastegate. The one that comes stock for evo is set to 16 psi and not adjustable. Lancer stock parts can not handle that. Once you get your forged internals and get a good tune then you can use it. But only after a tune. There are plenty of parts out there for the 4g94 platform.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2