Product Review: Voodoo Ride Car Care Products

Discussion in 'Automotive Care' started by lancer2quick, Dec 7, 2012.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Well, I stumbled on some of these things and decided to give it a shot. I have been using this stuff for about a month now, and have pretty much nothing bad to say about any of them. Here we go:

[​IMG]

MOJO....In a nutshell.....USE IT. Its basically a quick detailer for use in-between washes and general cleaning. It dosen't take much of this stuff to work well. The first use, I went a little overboard...just from pure habit from using other detailers. After the first panel, I found the appropriate amount...and got great results. The best part about it? You can use it on EVERYTHING. Clearcoat finishes, matte or satin finishes, rubber, vinyl, leather, glass...EVERYTHING. However, I will stick to my usual glass cleaner...Just like it better. Comes in two different size aerosol cans 5oz can for roughly 9.oo and a 12oz can for 15.oo. From the first wipe of this stuff, I fell in love.

[​IMG]

Next is the JUJU car wash concentrate. It is a lot like the majority of washes out there...with carnuba wax. The thing that I do find better about this stuff...it resists water spotting and sheds the water from the car. Took just a little less than my normal wash to get an adequate mixture of suds...and smells good too. Left a deep, still-wet look on the car...which I like. Will not strip waxes, so no worries there. I like it....Might actually keep using it. 16oz bottle for 8 bucks.

[​IMG]

Up now...SILQ. A synthetic liquid polish for final step in the paint care process. I stripped the wax from the RA a couple days ago (as I do every now and then...cause I'm anal) for a wash, wax, and polish....and when I got to the polish...I wasn't thrilled at first. I did it by hand (as usual) and the results were about the same as my regular stuff. Then I decided to hit it with my orbital buffer...and wow. Putting this stuff on by hand and clearing with a low speed polisher or orbital buffer is the way to go. Super slick and made the paint look ten miles deep. This stuff is so slick when done well...nothing will stay on the car. Threw a rag on the hood...slid right off. If youre into going the extra step...its worth it. 16oz bottle for 16.oo...worth it.

[​IMG]

Las on my use list is the HYPD tire finish. As usual, I went into this stuff with the usual low expectations of the non-gel type finishes. When I hit the first spray, I thought "Hell no". Came out a cream color, thin, pleasently smelling stuff. I thought for sure that this stuff was a fail. Hit the whole tire, moved to the next, the next, and so on. It didn't look like it was really doing anything..as it looked like I had just sprayed milk onto clean tires. Only when I wiped it with a microfiber did I see what this stuff could do. Now, I'm not one for those "Super glossy, sling on the paint, dirt sticks like glue" tires....and I am impressed. After I wiped, there was a subtle sheen on the footwork of the RA...nice. The most impressive part? I haven't re-appied this stuff in 6 days, and the tires look great and there is absolutely NO SLING onto my paintwork. Damn sure using this stuff from now on. Comes in a 24oz pump spray bottle for 11 bucks.

So, with all this said and done...I give VooDoo products an overall A. I will get back to this when I pick up the other stuff in their product line...HEXX- scratch remover and the SHOQ- whell and tire cleaner.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012