Pockets Diamond Build

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by Pocket, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

you guys are in a class on your own...

if I said anything but its AWESOME! i would be lying. the flash does give the suede a gray look, but the other pic was better.

Yay...next the trunk :)

2. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

3. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

Nice to c u add something in the openings in the door panels= :thumbright:

Everything looks like you are making good progress.

4. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

one of the boxes bowed as it was drying so it had to be cut to try and save it.. then just dureaglassed the gaps.. good as new

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and runnin out of wood so lets cut speaker rings out of the bottom of my amp rack..

[​IMG]

VIOLA.. duraglassed.. speaker rings set.. now just fleece wrap the boxes.. reenforce them.. bondo.. suede.. DONE!.. almost.. I was told we'll be putting "Hater vision" in there too somewhere

[​IMG]

5. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

i read "Sunshine State".... where u at? =)

6. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

... florida.. it says that too

7. Bryn1987

blah of course i know florida, i live there too, i go to UCF, meant wat part :p

8. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

Ahhh I see.. Tallahassee... so ur in orlando?

9. Bryn1987

N. FL? it's so boring up there lol... but ne way, was just curious, nice job btw

10. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

it is SUPER boreing here.. well the car will be done this coming weekend for the spring break nationals car show in daytona come out and see!!

11. Bryn1987

what day/time is the car show in daytona? if i'm not busy i'll deff come by since it's not that far at all =)

12. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

www.springbreaknationals.com

its sat and sun from like 7 am until.. its a sound show.. competition.. tuner jam bikini contest... its a BIG deal... ill be parked in front of the bandshell on the beach..entering in tuner jam this ear only// PM me later this week and ill give u my number if u wanna head out thatway

13. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

Tip of the Day!

When forming ur sub enclosures to fit in the 1/4 panels, REMOVE the carpet and then glass. You will gain more air space, more options for creativity and you wouldnt have to worry about having your enclosure warp as it did. Also dont mix ur resign so hot. Fiberglassing will still shrink for up to 72 hours-fyi.

Also remember, even tho your using fleece, u still need to add a minimum of 3oz. of fiberglass chop mate on top of the fleece. Verses 9oz. when using speaker grill cloth to shape ur enclosure.

Try using a router on 98% of ur wood cutting. It will eliminate jagged edges and save on finish work. Using a router when doing speaker rings is a huge plus and ensures for a tighter fit. You can also use a round over bit on everything your stapling material to that you are going to be glassing.
    When doing so, set the bit so that the bit bites down into the wood just enough to give u a shoulder as well as a rounded over edge. This way you only staple into the shoulder and it will act as a guide as well as helping make things look semitracle. I will post a pic as an example later today.

Oh yeah and use ultralight MDF. U lose nearly 40% of the weight compared to regular MDF and is a breeze to use with a router.

Any ways, again glad to see the progress. Looking good.

14. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

.... and don't use Bondo. Evercoat FTW!!!

Still looking good Pocket!

15. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

ghanks for he advice,, however.. we have done most of what u mentioned.. to the T... its a shop thats helping me do it all and hey all went to school for it so i dont dare tell them how to do anything...but yea.. we did take tha panels out...

cant wait to see u scold me about inverting the subs.. lol i picked that.. I WANT IT THAT way and i know i will loose some DBs but it looks BADASS..

16. Bryn1987

blah, looks like i got a job and i have training thurs fri sat and start on sunday >.<... so i won't be able to go :-\... hopefully i'll see ur car around somewhere else =)

17. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

Im sorry.. technically it IS evercoat.. I just call it all bondo

I was soo busy workin that I didnt get too many pics.. ill load the ones that I did get here in a bit tho.. SHOWER CALLING!!

18. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

it is obvious that pics dont tell the whole story and I am sure that the people you are working with are very knowledgable. However I am going off of pics and advising from what I am seeing.
    As far as inverting subs, heck yeah go for it. That is awesome. For one a 3db lose has been proven to consistant in any study. So boo on that. However that point can be of concern if you are a SPL competitor and if you are then you would NOT be building you set up in the dirrection in whick your going, SO- you will actually have less low end distorion with being inverted and will gain a fuller stronger bass responce and a stronger standing wave by inverting. I am a huge fan of inverting subs.
    The reason you get these benefits is that you are eliminating cone distortion.
    Also when I referred to taking out the panels and then glass. I didnt mean glass on the panels you took out. I mean dont use them at all. Mask and foil the metal and add mdf where needed and then glass in the car. I fyou did this you will NOT be able to fit ur panels back in.

19. DaytonaLancer

DaytonaLancer Well-Known Member

No Shit, i go to college here in Daytona. A meet would def be sweet.

20. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

these are backwards... start from the bottom lol.. DO IT

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]