Pockets Diamond Build

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by Pocket, Mar 13, 2008.

1. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Well you are doing a lovely job atm.

Btw, are you adding like a girly style too it with those banana kinda styleing or is that just somethin else?

I dont mean to be sexist or anything but just curious.

2. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

yes

3. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

azn daddy yes what??..

anywho.. gone one door bondoed and ready to wrap..

4. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

azn daddy yes what??..

anywho.. gone one door bondoed and ready to wrap..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Texas Aggie

oh...i was referring to Redstar's comment on if you were going for some kind of girly style. I quoted you on your feminine appeal for the doors

6. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

I see... yep.. they are comin right along.. i hope to have them done and wrapped by tomorrow night..

then we can start on the box in the trunk

7. Texas Aggie

i can't wait to see what you have planned for you trunk...i think that's gonna be crazy

8. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

Wow, those doors came out very nice, I like the extra "french twist" you got going on there.

Its funnny how when different people look at things they see it differently. The doors kinda remind me of the curves in a string instrument, something like a violin or cello, which in my minds eye fits well, seeing how its all about the sweet sweet music ;)

Keep it up Pocket, lookin good !

9. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Thats really looking lovely! Damn wish i had your tallent, i want my interior to be red an not beige like it is now...

10. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Very interesting and great work!!! How did you guys use to mount them to the door? I see no screww holes, unless they were covered....

11. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

ok so some of these are crappy pics I know.. I has to use my cell phone cause i forgot my camera..anyways.. the open spaces in the french curves will be backed with alum colored metal grille material and illuminated with white LEDs got one door finished tonight.. hit a few road blocks as far as mounting the xover.. it was supposed to go behind that back curve window.. but wouldnt fit still so I had to loose my pocket and put it there.. otehrwise it looks GOOD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

ahh haaa.. interesting u should ask about the mounting... it was bolted on from the back SO THAT you cant see holes.

13. ChokingChicken

ChokingChicken Well-Known Member

that looks awesome, it would look killer if it was all color keyed to the exterior, that's what i would do.

but i can't... so i won't :(

14. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Very nice!

15. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

it will be.. eventually.. ill end up painting all the rest of the plastic on the door black.

and even tho the suede looks gry in pics.. its cause o the flash.. it really black

16. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

doors practically finished.. got some better pics and started the trunk madness

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

not bad.
    A bit bulky,
    but not bad.
    I like the suede,
    but just a bit over kill.
    Being that ur ride
    is black, c/f would
    have flowed much better
    or even a splash of paint.
    I give it a B+!

Just my $0.02, but what do I know.

18. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

:lol: Phil you would know alot....

I like the Suede and black theme going. CF would have looked great but I kind of like the contrast between suede and the CF cone used.

I love this build thread Pocket! Keep them coming...

19. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

I know its extreme but heres something i did.

[​IMG]

20. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

i knew kru would eventually give some constructive critizism.. thanks :)

I know the black on black is a lot.. but I will be doing brushed alum paint soon too..so it will eventually contrast