Periodic inspection?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by The Beav, Apr 5, 2011.

1. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

For a while now I have been seeing "periodic inspection" pop up in my info center it's annoying how can I stop it I do my own oil and I have no clue how to erase it. Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid

2. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

"setting periodic maintenance to next service:

put key in ignition. make sure it is in off position.

hit the info button to either side of the steering wheel. this will cycle through the trip odometers and then the service reminder screen.

once the service reminder screen comes up (identified by a wrench icon), press and hold the info button until the wrench icon flashes. once flashing release button and press info button.

you should now see the word reset on the screen."

given to me by the local mitsu service manager

3. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

correct iv done twice all ready

4. The Beav

Thanks guys! Also figured out I have a hard time starting it with the key. I've got that key fob thing

Sent from my Droid

5. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

battery probably needs replacement

6. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by this? i think i might be having the same problem please explain. and i doubt it would be my battery since the car is 3 months old.

7. Jayebird

Jayebird Well-Known Member

Ive deactivated my Key in my pocket a few times lol. Its in the manual how to fix it. Gotta playing with it.

8. sk13322

oh i havnt done that lol

9. The Beav

It still locks and unlocks doors and trunk. But I can't turn the knob. This is kinda annoying.

Sent from my Droid

10. The Beav

K this is really annoying! I can't put my key on my key ring because in order to use the emergency key I have to flip it and put it in the key fob... agh and of course theirs no one at the Stealership right now that I can talk to!!!! I'm getting piss and I'm scared it's going to be another transmission ordeal all over again!!!

Sent from my Droid

11. The Beav

Ok just got back from the Stealership about might keys not working. They said it could be because of my aftermarket interior lights... they said because I tapped into the dome light fuse for power I could have messed up the ETACS or something like that but I stood there and watched him do the stuff on the computer and it said that the ETACS system was fine... I really feel like they are going to give me some bullshit and I'm not going to get it fixed without paying out the ass for some expensive crap. Could they be right?

Sent from my Droid

12. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

It is actually possible though. I dont know about the etacs system, I know on both generations of our lancers you put in led tail lights your cruise control stops working. There is a fix for that. So its possible that you could be causing a short in the system somewhere.

13. sk13322

i have seen weird stuff effect the eclipse and lancers, this could effect you key fob, how did you tape into the doom wiring? I seen people put in led tailights and everything in there car goes crazy.

14. The Beav

But the thing I'm confused about is I've had these in for over a year now with no issues. What I have done is take the dome light fuse out placed the wire in and put the fuse back in. Its all grounded and all the lights turn on and off. My car was working until just a few days ago

Sent from my Droid

15. sk13322

i doubt that would be your issuse than for it to be fine for a while than just happen, what i would do is go to a part store and get a add a curcit and try that. go from there i have seen a ton of issuse were people just plug a wire into a fuse. these are only 10 bucks and are safe and dealer friendly lol.