Paint question

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by christenmarie81, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Okay so i want to paint the mitsu symbol on the front and on the back pink. Yes pink, im a girl. lol Anyway...i want to know if anyone has any painting tips for this. Also, where can i find a big selection of auto paint colors? Try to keep the bashing about the pink to a minimum please :) Oh im shaving off the "lancer" and just leaving the mitsu symbols.

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Remove the logo, which would be easier to paint or tape mask the entire area, trunk, lights and all.

Wet sand, the logo to remove of the chrome

Spray on a light colored primer

Finish with the Pink.

Believe it or not, it is that easy.

Try getting a pink vinyl decal first to see how that looks. Its real easy putting on a vinyl overlay than painting. Plus its a lot cheaper.

Pink? really? j/k :D

3. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Moving to the correct forum....

4. Prophet

:lol: looks like someone bet me to it...

5. bras_33

6. Thanks! That does sound pretty easy!

And hey...it could be worse, I could paint the whole car pink. HA! :)

7. btw....

Oh the only reason i posted my paint question in the newbie section is because my Lancer is an '02. Does the year not really matter? I saw the customizing forum is for '08 and up? Sorry bout that. Im a blonde...therefore easily confused. ha :)

8. Prophet

Re: btw....

hmm that does pose a problem... we used to have a forum for other Lancers but it was decided to take it down. Not sure where your topic would fit now.....

9. bras_33

^how easy is it going back to or adding the section for older Lancers?

10. Prophet

I can add it in about five minutes but it is up to Jake...

11. awwh

Awwwwh no love for the older Lancers huh? lol :)

12. ok

No big...i can just post questions on one of the Knowledge Base forums. Or is the whole site pretty much geared towards '08 and up? :)

13. MontrealGTS

MontrealGTS Well-Known Member

Well we could make an exception considering your a female owner :p JOKE pls dont hurt me

14. ha

HA ha!! Ooooh if im one of the few chick Lancer owners I must be special. :p

15. bras_33

Only if you work for mary kay or avon,lol

Well, this is called "LancerTuners.com" not "08LancerTuners." Hmmm, thats an :idea:

oh yeah, btw, as for painting, patiences is a must!!!!!

16. ha

Hell no! I'd die before i'd drive one of those pepto bismol mary kay cadillacs. lol!!! :)

if patience is a must with painting, then it's a good thing im not painting the whole car. i did some touch up work on my previous car and it took a while. ug lol

17. bras_33

LOL, you mean the pink caddy does not match your eyes? lol

18. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

at the beginning we had older lancer sections, but no one was posting there, since most of our members own a 08 lancer. i am willing to add this back up, its just if you guys will recruit older members here. IF you notice that there is so much information/options for the older lancers out there, they wont come here to a brand new forum where there isnt any information for their cars! As for the 08 lancer goes, its a brand new car, brand new engine, and brand new FORUM.

thats what i think

19. ThePinoy

ThePinoy Well-Known Member

like something like this rite srry it looks lame l_1c2413c3854fe3aa4d90704036d2efa9.jpg

20. Jon7914

Jon7914 Member

When you get it done, post a pic, I'd love to see how it comes out.