Opinion needed for AM Fogs

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by TheDude, Sep 29, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Ok so as you know, i have the GT concept body kit. Unfortunately, i lost my fogs wit hmy old bumper. I feel like something is missing from the look. I also misss the extras lighting. So my next project is to find a decent set of fogs and see if maybe i go HID with em. So heres my request for yalls help:

1. Should i even bother getting the fogs?
    2. IF i do get them, would i be able to connect them via the original fog cables (meaning the ones that go to the switch on the turn signal stick)
    3. Help me find a good size/shape fogs.
    4. Help me find a good temp (Ie 3000, 6000k, etc)

Heres some pics for yall to look at and let me know what you think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also wanted to know guys, if i have a certain temp light (example 6000k), if i wanted to change the light to lets say 10000k, would i have to change the whole HID kit or just the bulb? ive been extremely curious and seeing as how we got HID experts here, id love to know.

2. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

Carlos, I wonder if you could custom fabricate the original fog light holders/fog lights to fit in that slot. I know KRU did something of that nature and got it to work with his front bumper. It will save you the hassle of having to wire up new fogs, etc. I think yellow looks nice in the fogs so i'd say go for 3k (the regular bulbs weren't bright enough for you I take it?)

3. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

hrmm. why dont you just get OEM fogs?

4. TheDude

Naw man, they sooked. Not bright at all. Maybe it was the make?

Besides, HID is always better.

Also, i dont need to do any serious wiring, all i need is something to connect the new fogs to where i had the old ones. When i get my car bak i will take pics of what im talknig bout.

I saw what KRU did, however that was a full fiberglass job, and i dont have the resources for that yet. And with the DOW nearly dropping 800 points,....who knows? lol

Nick, i had the OEM fogs, still have them too. What i wanted to know is it would it be easier to go like Cam did, and go aftermarket. Itll be a bitch to find a place that does that type of stuff i wanted.

5. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

hey u already know i bought my fornt im trying to figure out somethin with fogs might do something like kru but cf ...but if the source im relying on doent come thru i still wanna try and do something

6. Evo8cfb

Evo8cfb Member

Who needs Fog lights? lol

7. nickbutterz

fog lights are sick. plus at least my fogs help light the road up alot more

8. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

cuz OEM fogs wont fit

9. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

we could try something ourselves dude
    we can get some streetglow rectangle LED fogs
    the mak a sort of Audio fog light
    and i could wire it straight to the battery and then the ground into ur stock harness so u can use the stock switch

10. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea Tom.

11. SoflaGTS

yep a fun shop day at my house

12. TheDude

Yo im down lol We gotta see what would look good tho first before we order anything. And i gotta wait till the car is done. But let me know cuz im down. Also if anyone has any photoshops or anything to do on my car for the fogs, go ahead and do em please.

13. nickbutterz

hrmm.. you know what might look prettty cool.. idk how big they are but depending on the size of those slits on the lip it might look sick if you have fogs there or some other type of light mayb a turn signal something pretty audish.. idk just an idea

14. moon

moon Active Member

i miss the old evoIV and V baseball stadium size foglights :D

haha not that would really apply in this situation....

15. TheDude

Anyone got any sexy photoshops of fogs? id love to see how that look...

Where would i go to look for those LED strips that the audis have? junkyard?

16. SoflaGTS

streetglow bro

17. TheDude

I loooked in SG but i cant find shit that can match what the audis have. They are either tubes or side ones. Shoot me a link since im blind lol

18. TheDude

Got sometihng for you guys, what do you think about me putting hte audi LED bulbs in the small gaps on the lower part of the front bumper.

19. lancermike

20. lancermike

im doing those prob 2 or 3 in those 2 spaces space then prob 3 leds in those little spaces