OEM Vs. Aftermarket!?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by nitty9423, Jul 21, 2011.

1. nitty9423

nitty9423 Member

Ok so here goes, I went to visit my auto body shop today where my car's being worked on and the Owner said it should be ready by next week as the final part just came in.....The person working on it however told me that it has been a pain with the fender because it was an aftermarket fender and not an OEM fender.....he said everything will come out fine though....as he took me to see it I saw that they were sanding the fender in order to let the hood close etc. because it wasn't perfectly curved for the hood....He said the reason the aftermarket fender isnt as good is bc for our lancers the curves our cars have etc. and it isn't easy to replicate.....

My question is the parts I ordered myself that weren't OEM were

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4 Cyl 2.0L Replacement Hood Hood Lancer

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4 Cyl 2.0L Replacement Bumper Cover Bumper Cover Lancer

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4 Cyl 2.0L Replacement Fender Fender Lancer

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4 Cyl 2.0L Replacement Splash Shield Splash Shield Lancer

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4 Cyl 2.0L Replacement Bumper Reinforcement Bumper Reinforcement Lancer

Is there a difference between the OEM and Aftermarket parts? Or was he just messing with me? I looked via google and alot of places say OEM is better and some say for cosmetics it doesn't make a difference.....For any auto body experts here can anyone confirm whether I made a mistake getting Aftermarket parts? or if any of the above parts I should've gotten OEM and should I be worried about the fender? they said they'll take c are of it not to worry. But I don't wanna get my car back and have a noticeable gap on it etc you get me?

Any past experiences or facts are much appreciated, there were alot more parts purchased for the car to get it fixed but everything else was OEM....

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

When it comes to body work and aftermarket stuff. Nothing fits better than oem. Nothing! Its all based on how well he can get the parts to fit. Aftermarket will always require some modification. That's all there is to it. Plus its your car. If you like it the let it be. Don't let some scrub tell you how you should do your car. Your car = your personality. Not someone elses.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

3. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

i agree with this statement 100% right on the money jojo