ninjay's 03 OZ-Rally

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by ninjay, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ninjay

ninjay Active Member

03 OZ, Stock, Automatic

[​IMG]

There are a couple of dents and the paint is a little scuffed up. She needs a little paint touch up. I think I will upgrade the antenna too.

[​IMG]

The drip moulding looks horrible. Hopefully it will be easy to replace.

[​IMG]

Chrome is peeling off the bottom of the grill. I will be peeling it all off and spray with Plasti-Dip or use Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap.

[​IMG]

Headlights are nice and foggy. I will be resurfacing them before i get some HIDs.

Any suggestions on where I should start first?

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Clean, wax, replace cosmetic eye sores you named. Tint, and whatever cosmetic mod you want. Intake exhaust to finish it off. Lower it

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

3. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

i agree with jojo on this one!

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Thunder Gray Metallic ftw.

5. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

To fix the weather stripping, I've seen people resurface with electrical tape. Lol

As for the grill, sand it smooth since you have peeling, and Plastidip it black. Look at my progress report to see mine finished

Sent from the Sickest Thunderbolt EVER

6. ninjay

ninjay Active Member

I don't think I want to lower it... At least not yet. My priority is tint and moulding, then paint, then intake and exhaust. For the tint, I can't go no more than 70% in the front windows because of CA law. I will probably go as low as 5% in the 5 rear windows to keep out as much sun as I can. I found a pick n pull close by that has an 04 Lancer. Hopefully it will have good moulding to take from.For the intake, the ingen cold air intake is 50 state approved. I need to do more research on the exhaust.

7. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

You could probably get away with 35 on the fronts. It's not that dark.

8. ninjay

ninjay Active Member

i would spray something on the moulding to make it look like new, but it is starting to pop up a little bit. i could get some epoxy to hold them down and then spray them with plasti-dip....

Also, are you saying i dont need to peel off all the chrome, but just to sand the part thats peeling?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  9. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

Exactly. Make that area smooth and scuff the rest to promote adhesion

Sent from the Sickest Thunderbolt EVER