New Tires! Help!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by hichamchiali, Apr 28, 2012.

1. hichamchiali

hichamchiali Member

i'm getting new tires soon on my 2011 Lancer ES to replace my stock ones. i want to get a wider/bigger set so i can put rims on them. can anyone help me by giving me a good size for the wheels and what's a good company. i'm totally lost. thank you in advance!

2. evilstig4b1

evilstig4b1 Well-Known Member

3. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

+1. Konigs are well made and they also come in a lot of good styles. Tirerack.com and Performanceplustire.com helped me pick out the wheels I like, check them out for some different types of choices.

Right now, I'm running an 18X8 wheel with the stock size tires (215/54/18) on them and there's not too much stretch, but it's as wide as the tire allows. I would probably suggest if going with a wider wheel to go with a 225/40/18...at stock height there won't be any need for rolling the fenders with that size. Hope this helps!

BTW...if you're running the 16" wheels stock I can't be of much help there, but you should be able to upgrade to an 18 no problems!

4. hichamchiali

hichamchiali Member

thanks for the help! i'm finding a lot of 215/45/18 though. is that too big of a difference between the 225/40/18 or it would be fine to get those?

and should i buy the tires and wheels separate or as a tire-wheel package?

5. evilstig4b1

evilstig4b1 Well-Known Member

Go wide! 245, bro!

6. LancerXES

LancerXES Member

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

This should help you out