New ROTM Rules

Discussion in 'Ride Of The Month (ROTM)' started by 1slowlance, Oct 13, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

So, like I said earlier in the month, there are some new changes and additions to ROTM. There will still be a December ROTM. I'll ask for ROTM suggestions around November 15th, make the poll on Nov 22nd and the poll will end on the 29th of November. At the end of every year in December, we will have a Ride of the Year poll. All the ROTM winners of that year will be put in the poll. A person can only win ROTM once a year, so there will be 12 users in the ROTY poll. The winner of ROTY will have their car's picture on the "Forum" page by the current ROTM picture. We were thinking maybe above ROTM or below it, we're not really sure where we'll fit it at yet, but that user's picture will be up for the whole next year. I think that about sums it up, but if you notice anything that I forgot, Hammer, let me know. Or just edit it yourself. And, if anyone else has any suggestions or comments on it, let us know what you're thinking about it. And, like always, stay baller.

-Lance

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  2. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Thats pretty nice man i like the idea. Maybe we can throw in an LT tee shirt for the ROTY winner or something

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

The ride of the year image should change as they change their appearance throughout the year. Or it randomly change everytime we go to the forum page with images from thier p.r..

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  4. 1slowlance

Good ideas. I like them both. LT shirt for winning ROTY saying ROTY of 20xx, maybe. I do like the random image idea too. Kinda like a slideshow kinda thing.

5. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i think the different picture on each visit would be bad ass, or you could just use their car as LT's banner, or incorperate it into LT's logo

6. Jogenmaru

That was my original thought and I thought that would be a bit too much work or something. I don't know. It's a good idea none the less. Very good idea

7. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. Anyone wanna nominate me? :) haha..

8. Jogenmaru

Just to continue this from the chatbox....there should still be a rotm for every month. Like you said the 15th - 28th(or last day of the month) you should have the ROTM poll. But at the beginning of December from the 1st to the 14th there should be the ROTY poll and on the 15th the scheduled ROTM poll would go for January.

Go here for my cont. other explanation for the caleders by our very own ShieldWolf!

http://lancertuners.com/fuerza/showthread.php?t=8533

For those who havent voted on the idea...go on and vote so we can get some calenders for our LT.com store.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  9. 1slowlance

I like this. 12 ROTM's in the year. We usually start polls for ROTM on the 22nd of the month before, and have it open for a week. December's ROTM will be decided on November 29th at the latest. Then, I'll make the poll for ROTY on December 1st and keep it open until December 14th. Then, I'll ask for nominations for next year's January ROTM around December 20th let's say. And make a corresponding poll for Jan '11 ROTM. December's gonna be BUSY.

10. Jogenmaru

Now I gotta go learn some photoshop to go and help shieldwolf with this calender idea.

11. 1slowlance

Heard dat. I'm pretty pumped about the calendars.

12. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

can you be nominated for ROTM if your not driving a lancer? prob a stupid question but was just curious :)

13. Jogenmaru

I call upon a vote for this question. Admins/mods/supermods unite on jury. We are supposed to be having a conference here soon. I will bring it up in the meeting.

14. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

I'll add it to the todo list.

15. JDMhammer

Hunk wtf your email I can't find it.

16. JDMhammer

Pm me so I have it

17. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

I am a newb and generally new on this site but I think that this being a LANCERtuners.com site, I don't think non lancers should be ROTM but hey, i'm all for it if everyone else agrees to it. Not wanting to bash anyone but hey, most cars on here are lancers and only one civic si... am I right? Also was gonna try and run for ROTM lol I can see my votes dwindle already! LOL

18. Jogenmaru

^^^LOL

A Civic Si and a G35.

I really dont mind. I think it would be good to have 1 month be diverse. Although you do have a good point to the sites name being lancertuners. Im meh on the subject really. I like diversity.

19. JDMhammer

I agree it would be good to diversify the rides but this is lancertuners.com so I'm going to say that rotm can ONLY be Lancers/Ralliarts/Evo's.

I do how ever like this idea so I'll work with hunk to come up with something creative for later this year.

20. Fuz1On

Fuz1On Well-Known Member

yea maybe something like ROTY or ROTM against RTIAL (RIDE THAT INSN'T A LANCER) or RNQ (RIDE NOT QUALIFIED), LOL.
    That way we can pit our lancers of the month/year against these new rival rides that come in! What do you all think?

Last edited: May 17, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.