New Product Review: NuFinish Cling

Discussion in 'Automotive Care' started by lancer2quick, Jul 10, 2010.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

OK....Ive seen the ads for this stuff for the past few weeks now, and figured I would give it a shot. The ads compare it to your typical "quick detailer" i.e. Meguires, Mother's, etc. It claims to last longer and not run like the other products. So, I picked up a bottle of this stuff from O'reilly Auto for about 8 bucks and went to work.

First thing I notice is that it dosen't run like my Meguires Quick Detailer....so far so good. The directions say to spray a "liberal" amount and spred it around with a terry or micro towel. This is where it differs from the others.....you spread it around, then wipe it off with a clean towel. The other products are straight wipe on and wipe off....one step. This is more like a spray wax to me....only no hazing.

After finishing the passenger side of the R/A and seeing decent results, I moved to the decklid and spoiler. Same as before...spray on, spread. wipe off. This time though.....major streaking. God help you if the temp of your car is above 85 degrees..... As with all that I do, I make sure the car isn't in direct sunlight or hot enough to cook your skin if you touch it before I do anything.....and it still streaked. After 30 minutes of buffing to no avail, I resorted to a reduction of Purple Power to strip it (and my wax) off the car.

I went ahead with the driver side with good results, and even the hood. Worked beautifully. After finishing with the whole car (after re-waxing the decklid and spoiler), the car looked great and had that "fresh wax" smoothness to it. Overall, I would use this stuff from now on....if it was a one step like my Meguires or Mother's. It works great when you take the time, but I wouldn't recommend using it if you are in a hurry to clean up for a date in 20 minutes or at a car show.

Attached Files:

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

**UPDATE**
    I used this stuff on my poor, battered wheels yesterday with awesome results. Now, It didn't do much for the clear chipping on the lip...but it sure put on a shine. With no residue like traditional waxes, I will surely be using this on my wheels from now on......