new guy oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by coast320, Aug 29, 2012.

1. coast320

coast320 New Member

whats up everyone i have an 04 lancer oz

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT.

3. mindbeats

mindbeats Well-Known Member

Welcome

4. coast320

coast320 New Member

thanks guys before i go searching (im not asking for a full explanation) how much effort would it take to do an evo swap fwd not awd

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

A lot of people ask this question when they first get started. I did. Basically, from what I've been told, it's possible, but not plausible with the amount of money you'd spend. You need the motor, transmission, and might as well go awd since you would probably need that changed as well.

6. Grind3r

Grind3r Member

You may consider doing a 4g64 swap which cost wise is closer to our 4g94's, then swap out the head to a 4g63. Still will need to spend some good money, not nearly what it would be to do a full 63 swap.

7. a-hall

a-hall New Member

so I've got an '06 oz lancer... like the cheap to fun ratio, but car guys gotta ask...
    sometimes I see these 4g63 & 64 engines on craigslist pretty cheap,
    (https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/pts/d/02-mitsubishi-engine-24l/6564385836.html)
    & I'm tempted every time. I'm decent at turning bolts, but how much wiring hassle is the swap? I hate wiring... and definitely can't set up the computers, ecm or whatever. I'm basically a good parts changer but not a mechanic.

ALSO, does anyone know of a performance tuning shop in Oklahoma?? I'm holding off on doing any real upgrades til I can find someone to do a proper tune afterwards...