New Exhaust on the R/A...

Discussion in 'Ralliart - Performance' started by lancer2quick, Nov 2, 2012.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, I finally decided on a new muffler for the Ralliart. I wanted to drop tha sound level while still retaining decent backpressure and performance. I thought long and hard on this...with a lot of decisions made, changed my mind, made another decision, etc. Well...I decided that I was only going to change the muffler and not mess with my piping, resonator, or anything like that. I went with the Forza TR05-25C...Oval case, more fiberglass packing, 2.5" inlet, 3" outlet into a 4.5" tip. I tried thinking of this with my vast knowledge of physics and sound dymanics (basically thinking "sounds legit") to make my decision. You can listen to a million sound clips of a muffler or catback on any car out there, but you never truly know until you roll the dice and go for it.

Well, It worked out well...just as my vast knowledge told me it would. The sound is still deep, throaty, and screams "poweeeerrr!"....but significantly drops the annoying drone when cruising and a good drop in noise during accelleration. I wanted the fiberglass to burn a bit and settle before I made a clip...and I will make one and post on the Youtube tomorrow for your eargasm.

But here's the actual muffler and a, installed shot...and yes, it has a slant cut tip. Looks 100 percent better than the traditional tip on a round canister muffler when on the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Looks rreally good. Can't wait for the sound clip.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

That but whole looks big. i like it

4. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

*nods head*

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

OK...sorry about not having the clips up...been raining off and on the past couple days. I'll get em up whenever I get the chance...

6. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

FAIL....

7. Jogenmaru

Agreed. Your slipping jb

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk

8. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Jack Black?

9. Jogenmaru

Thats a negative hunk.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk

10. nick7stig

nick7stig New Member

So sexy! Haha - congrats.

11. IslandKiddo

IslandKiddo Member

I like how tucked in it is with the bumber, looks great! Can't wait to hear the soundclip!