New 02 or 03 lancer

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by blackhawk63, Mar 8, 2009.

1. blackhawk63

blackhawk63 Active Member

Hey guys i turned 16 about 2 months ago and Ive always wanted an 02 or 03 lancer.
    Ive been working my ass off and finally have the money to buy one and im selling extra junk in my room to get money for parts.
    I dont know if im getting an auto or 5spd but i live in phoenix and traffic is really high so i might go with the auto and i do not know how to drive a 5spd but i could learn if i did get one.
    I dont have my lancer yet because im still looking on craigslist but i cannot find one that i want.
    if you live around phoenix and youre selling a black or white 02-03 lancer es or rally i dont care just pm me.

im 75% sure im getting an auto so what should i put on that if i do because i see that cold air intake is only for a 5spd car.

also, i have one question
    does it get annoying driving a 5spd with huge traffic?

im a noob to cars but i would really like to get into it

ive been watching youtube videos but they are not helping as much

thank you

2. CS7A-7G

CS7A-7G Well-Known Member

not really.. i drove a 5speed a few days and it isnt that bad..... just dont stall the car during rush hour

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I love my 5 speed. My first ride was an auto...and i hated it. As for traffic, you get used to it...and kinda start to enjoy it. There's nothing like rollin through red light district in 2nd gear and an idiot pulls up next to me and revvs...then i just punch it and smoke the tires for half a block. haha There have been plenty of times i've seen the chick next to him lookin at me and i know she's thinkin "I made the wrong choice...I wanna ride with you." lol

4. blackhawk63

ill get a 5spd then
    thanks guys

5. Mitsuman+03

Mitsuman+03 Well-Known Member

Go with a 5spd.
    They are much more fun to drive and they are a lot more fun to mod.
    I have always own a mannual vehical and I would never buy a auto.
    You get more out of them and you will enjoy it more.

6. blackhawk63

thanks guys, ill be getting a 5spd now around may 15th ill have the money for it.

im looking at youtube videos on how to do it and all that crap and my friend have a 5spd tacoma so he will teach me.

thanks for the help guys.

what are some cheap cold air intake i can buy for a oz rally 02-03?

and will this taillight fit on the lancer?
    http://www.amazon.com/2002-MITSUBISHI-L ... 53&sr=8-43

if you guys can help me out on al lthis stuff it would be nice, thank you.

7. lancer2quick

sorry man...those will not fir on on anything but an evo. Take that back..they will fit, but where the light wraps around to the quarter panel...the evo tails have a flat edge, and all other lancer tails come to a point
    here's what im talking about on the base, oz, and ralliart models...
    http://usautolighting.com/image/headlights/214-1975pxas3c.jpg

and for the evo...
    http://l.yimg.com/dv/izp/mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_se_2006_exterior_taillight.jpg

I know it sucks...cause i always liked the Evo MR tails, but they won't fit.

8. blackhawk63

9. lancer2quick

yeah man...those headlights should work fine. As for the tails....its completely on the way you want the car to look. there are quite a few styles out there for our cars...here's a couple
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    or you could see if you could find a wrecked 04-06 ralliart...
    [​IMG]

10. Mitsuman+03

Mitsuman+03 Well-Known Member

Those are the tail lights I want... but they are about 300 dollars or more!

11. blackhawk63

thanks for the help

12. CS7A-7G

13. CS7A-7G

one other thing, the 04-06 tails will NOT fit the 02-03's fyi

14. blackhawk63

ok thanks again for the help.
    if i want to put a turbo on it what should i do? im really confused about the turbo because there is a lot of parts. can someone help me with what parts i need and which kind + a link to the item would be awesome. thanks again guys :)

one more thing
    im thinking about getting new exhaust but i want to put in turbo and my friend said that turbo has its own exhaust so should i just not buy the exhaust or it doesnt matter?.
    i dont get it sorry if i didnt explain it right

15. ssp-turbolancer

ssp-turbolancer Well-Known Member

how much are you looking to spend on a car?

16. blackhawk63

like $5,000

17. killerdragonoz

killerdragonoz Well-Known Member

ebay is your friend, I found the same tail lights for half the price. As in 89.00 dollers plus S@H just type in 02-03 lancer in the ebay motors searce bar and off you go. :D

18. champion_j4

champion_j4 Member

have u done anything to it yet?

19. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

Depending on what you buy, you should be able to have a built motor and a turbo/tune on the car for $5,000.

20. Ciphony

Ciphony Well-Known Member

I have those headlights
    And had those taillights...

i think with black or white as options i believe you are gonna want to black out everything... Unless you like chrome.. Not my thing but some people like it.. if so go with white and chrome everything... There are M3 mirrors for our cars as well that i just recently purchased off of ebay for 57 bucks shipped. You can try those if you like as well