Need to know if these rims and tires will fit

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by KeeganT, Aug 21, 2011.

1. KeeganT

KeeganT Well-Known Member

Tires: 215/50R17
    Wheels: 17x7.5 5-100

Got a nail in the sidewall of my tire. I'm sick of riding stock anyways, so I'd like to know if bumping up to this size will work. Thanks for the help! pics will be posted if I get the green light to buy :D

2. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

8th gen NO. 215/40/17 will fit fine on the 8th gen but the lug pattern is all wrong. You need 5x114.3 for our cars. I'd recommend bumping it up a notch and going 18's. However if you aren't prepared to pay the cash, 17" tires are cheaper but still I think that the 18's and 19's would look perfect. I'm running some 18's on mine right now. You can go as wide as 18x8.5 (which I currently run) or even 18x9 (possibly without modification). However if you wanted to run something larger like 18x9.5 or 18x10 (my plan) then you'll need to start rolling fenders, popping out stuff, just really messy situation mate.

What are you running now? Tire size and rim offset? Do you know what look your going for? Deep dish? Small lip? No lip? I've seen all kinds, depending on what you want. Read my blog, I've written a few decent right ups.

3. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

What he said!!

4. KeeganT

KeeganT Well-Known Member

Bakwoods your blogs are AWESOME I wish I would have seen those before. Lucky enough for me the rims and tires fit perfectly. I unfortunately kinda' had to rush this because of the whole "nail in the sidewall" deal. I was just running bone stock 16" before. I put two pics up in my progress report for you to see.

5. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Thanks, I try to be as informative as possible whenever I do my write ups for people. I had no idea you had 5x100. I was under the impression you had 5x114.3 on your Lancer. I'll def check the progress report though, looks promising.