Need a shop

Discussion in 'West Coast Owners Forum' started by Subawho, Aug 16, 2007.

1. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Might have to go to rrm, Sub, lol.

2. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Hmmm....no. Im not too impressed with them. I'll just let the others keep sending their business to them.

3. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

suba is an id say anti rrm. its cool if you are. all they want is money and business..

i still might have proof haha

4. Subawho

Im not anti RRM, its just that so far all I have seen from them is overpromises from their products and Rob complaining to a mod whenever people ask about getting some information down on paper, or someone talking about the possibility of an RRM part doing damage to their car.

- They said the intake would give you 10 HP back when they were first bringing it out :roll:

- The only thing they say about testing their parts is the gymkhana car. It beat an STI supposedly. Hey guess what I was driving down the street the other day and I beat an STI myself, and I am stock. :roll:

- They point to a video saying that a famous japanese driver was talking about how much he loved their car, when in the video the guy just talks about how nice the new lancer is (in general, not the RRM one specifically). And if there is a video of him talking about the RRM one specifically and I missed it, please point me in the right direction.

- They have no desire to test any of their parts and post the results on EvoM for some proof of what they boast about.

- The last thing is that some of the people who have bought the RRM parts are just fucking retarded. They are so wrapped up in the fact that they bought RRM parts, its like nothing else exists. They will go nuts if you say anything bad about RRM, they will knock any part or vendor that isnt RRM and they just make total asses of themselves when they say "COME OVER HERE AND ILL PROVE HOW AWESOME THEY ARE!" While these people are not directly tied to RRM and they shouldnt really affect my view towards RRM, they do because these are the types of people I see buying RRM parts and its not impressive. If you had two shops to choose from, one selling parts to race teams and the other selling parts to some 17 year olds who just talk, who would you go with?

I hate when people just talk. If there is one thing that gets on my nerves its when someone says "Trust me, I can feel it." Sometmes it seems to me that everyone buying parts for their lancer (RRM or other) is just buying them to say "HEY LOOK I HAVE AFTERMARKET PARTS!" Personally I am looking for parts that are actually going to help my car. When we meet up if I go up against someone with an RRM intake and exhaust or pulley or piggy and that person blows me out of the water, I am going to go on EvoM and post about what happened and apologize to Rock and say that I am a true believer now. But until then its just a bunch of people talking and talking and talking and talking and...you get the idea.

Anyways, rant over...if you have RRM part you shouldnt be taking this personally unless you are one of their fan boys I described. If you bought the parts looking for performance but havent got a chance to test em, good. We can test my stock car vs yours this weekend and find out whether I need to buy the RRM parts as well :)

5. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

My car is stock cuz im a broke ass mofo :lol:
    but if i run into anyone with RRM i will ride next to them to see what beter preformace it does.... :roll:
    but hopfully other companies start producing parts faster cuz im tired of waiting hah...

6. bras_33

I also cant see how an intake can give you that much hp. 3-5 hp yeah but 10? The axle back maybe (11-13hp gains quoted) bcuz that is a big @$$, very restrictive muffler. RRM has been very helpful whenever I take my 2g eclipse, so we have a good relationship.

7. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

hey suba im talking to the guy and yeah he said 100, when are u gonna go there?

8. Subawho

I must have contacted the wrong place. Can you give me their number please :D

9. Subawho

I doubt the axel back is over 10 either. Two people have Dyno'd their Lancers (both of them with RRM parts) and both of them had HPs in the mid 120's. That means with RRMs talk of what their parts do, the Lancers were at around 100 HP before the mods...and thats the NON California emissions models. What does that mean, our CA version only has 90 hp? Give me a break! Its probably more around the car stock has 120hp and with the RRM mods you can get to 125.

Granted everything I said above is speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. But the fact alone that our car is supposed to have 150hp and the two dynos we have seen are at 124....its pretty much going to throw out any dyno sheets unless someone is genius enough to dyno their car stock before they start modding it.

10. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

11. Subawho

Thanks for the number I will call them later today. They are pretty close to me too.

12. bras_33

Let us know how they do!

13. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

did you call? what happened?

14. Subawho

I called. I left a message. I've heard nothing back. :lol:

15. Guest

Guest Guest

hey guys my buddy and I customize all kind of cars. From the ground up. Wecan build you anything you want or add on parts. I am far for most of you but I have 2 other buddies that r closer. One in Yorba Linda and 1 in Cerritos. We have been in the biz for longer than some of u have been breathing---dang Im old,LOL! Well we can talk about all of this at Sonic on 9.29.07 @ 3pm.

16. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

customize for looks or preformance

yeah SONIC!

17. Guest

Guest Guest

What ever you need we get you handled. Our circle is tightly nit and frown heavily on those that come into it and try and take us for a ride. Our biggest clients are from the movie industry and major manufactors of automotive parts. Most of you have seen our work, but lets not get to ahead of ourselves. I like this place and the acceptane so far. Most people think they r ur best friend so they can get free stuff.

18. Subawho

So KRU you know someone who can do spring installs and an alignment? I'd like to get my WORKs springs on ASAP.

19. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

keep us posted on how that goes

20. bras_33

Thats great to know.