NA questions...

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Belgaram, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Belgaram

Belgaram Well-Known Member

So after much back and forth debate, I've decided that, altho I love the idea of a custom built turbo and upgraded tranny work to accommodate it, the $ per HP really isn't worth it. If I had deep pockets to do that, I'd just buy the Evo. So, I have decided to stay NA.

Question is, does anyone know if there are cams for the 09 Lancer GTS? I've heard rumor that the Evo X cams are a direct fit, but dunno if that's just a rumor or confirmed.

Complete list of work done now is:
    Headers, Intake, Axel back

To be completed:
    RPW Crank pulley, piggy back ECU, Cams, Header back exhaust with hi flow cat, and complete dyno tune. Am I missing anything?

I may even do a small shot of nitrous for fun :)

And any guesses for what WHP will be when it's all said and done?

2. Belgaram

Ok, so I just got off the phone with my tuner guy.. He has been doing his homework as well and he said with all the above I am looking at 250 WHP. He found a few 2.4 GTS's that are all NA and dyno'd did 243 whp. That's without the piggy back ECU, just timing controller. He knows he can get me to 250 NA... I am skeptical but that is exactly where I want to be. I guess we will find out.

3. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Could he provide concrete on these said 243 whp GTS's?

Who's your tuner?

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Damn you mivec engines! I have to turbo to make these numbers. But +1 on the 243 whp gts info. That's an extra 100whp on bolt-ons. I find it hard to believe.

5. Belgaram

Tuner's are Engine Management Performance (EMP) in Shiloh NJ. As far as concrete, I think he's going by information he got from a combination of the internet and from talking with his wholesalers and whatever connections he has. He's a Mitsu guy and drives an 03 Evo 8 with 500 whp. I'm a moron when it comes to alot of this stuff, so I rely on his experience and knowledge. The guys at this shop are mostly European import guys, but Ray (my guy) is their Japanese import guy. They have been straight up with me since the beginning and they have a great reputation. He's going off my base dyno too which was 145 whp with the intake and minor tune. I guess he is expecting 100 hp gain from the cams, headers, header back, pulley, ecu, etc... I'm a little more conservative in my guess, but time will tell...

6. Belgaram

Yeah Jog, thats exactly what I told him haha

7. Jogenmaru

Im gonna be conservative with my guess. But with all of those you will make 50 whp. 60 max. That guess is very realistic with a turbo engine but even with mivec its a bit hard to believe. Now a turbo mivec would be very nice but that's all in the past for you now. But im not the goto guy for newer lancers when it comes to bolt ons at all.

sent from my droid2 using tapatalk bitches

8. Belgaram

Even conservative that will put me over 200 which is enough to piss off civic owners and that's good enough for me Haha

9. Jogenmaru

10. ayount08

ayount08 Well-Known Member

How much would the piggy back ecu give you on a 2002 lancer with a cai?

Tapatalk oh yes

11. Jogenmaru

Not worth the price if you are talking about rrm's. You will most likely get a total of 1-2 whp on a base lancer non turbo with a piggy and a cai. It sounds good though.