My worst nightmare prolly........ (HELP 03 Lancer)

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older- General Information' started by shieldwolf342, Jul 30, 2010.

1. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

So um here is whats going on.....

Car idles high and when i mean high i mean like 2000rpms high but when i put it in gear the car shakes like its shifting heavy and then drops down to 1000rmps...

Essentially I'm looking at a vacuum leak or a TPS gone bad.....what vacuum hoses are on the 03 lancers so I can check those out before having to shell out the big moola for the TPS. Am I looking in the right direction or could there be something else wrong?

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, you know I don't have a 2.0 or an auto....but let me see if I can help.
    Vacuum lines that I have * you should have them also)...
    From the valve cover to the intake piping
    Valve cover to the intake manifold
    Intake mani to the master cylinder
    I can't. Remember others right now...but does the 2.0 have an idle control valve? Should be somewhere on the intake mani...that's what it sounds like to me....

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, you know I don't have a 2.0 or an auto....but let me see if I can help.
    Vacuum lines that I have * you should have them also)...
    From the valve cover to the intake piping
    Valve cover to the intake manifold
    Intake mani to the master cylinder
    I can't. Remember others right now...but does the 2.0 have an idle control valve? Should be somewhere on the intake mani...that's what it sounds like to me....

4. shieldwolf342

There's like 3 or 4 sensor looking things ill have too look which one is which and ill check vacuum lines in the morning

5. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

my friend had something like this with his tib, and it was a bad mas air flow sensor.

6. shieldwolf342

so here is what ive done today.

Checked all the vacuum hoses ....none were cracked,loose or off at all....

well i figured hmmm the aftermarket intake is an easy swap lets try that....

well i did and while the factory intake and the aftermarket use the same MAF the idling is down and it seems to run mostly better it still does shift a little rough but i did reset the computer while swapping back to the factory intake so we shall see what happens......

on a side note my damn carPC is on hold now till this is totally fixed...its already to go in the car just gotta configure the software a little but then ill be good to go :)

7. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

good luck man get that runnin so we can get a 607 lancer meet goin haha

8. Ciphony

Ciphony Well-Known Member

if swapping out the cai changed it back then i would check 2 things. maf and pcv on cai. obviously there is no line leaks in the cai right?

9. shieldwolf342

yea it seems to have done it so far and it was a SRI not CAI but anyways

what new intakes do you all recommend?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  10. jester

jester Well-Known Member

there are a few things that can cause these sympton first being that you changed to an aftermarket intake and did not disconnect the battery allowing the pc to reset for the new system since it is essentially getting more air and second would me that you may have hit a puddle and depending on the new intake you may have gotten some water sucked up into the intake hwich could be a little harder to fix