My 2003 Lancer ES Mod/Build thread.

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by davidlanceres, Oct 16, 2008.

1. FAC3L3SS

FAC3L3SS Well-Known Member

Paint 'em mang. I never had the balls before, but a buddy and I did my old mirrors so I took a stab at mine tonight. The silvers are slightly off because I didn't get Mitsu paint, but it was like under $20 and only took an afternoon.

CF = FTW though, especially since you've already got the hood.

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I think that'd be too much carbon fiber though. Not trying to be a McLaren F1. Lol.

3. FAC3L3SS

Idk. No such thing as too much carbon. Just gotta be smart with it. You and David have the best color. I'm jealous.

4. 1slowlance

Lol. Thunder Gray is pretty sexy. I love gray cars.

5. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

I might end up painting them this spring(Just don't want to make them look worse lol) And yep some CF mirrors would look tits on it.
    Nah Carbon fiber looks great, especially on our color :).
    Check this out..

[​IMG]

:).

Agreed Thunder Gray FTW!

Same here, great color!

6. 1slowlance

Sorry, but that is ugly. Lol.

7. davidlanceres

Your moms ugly. Lol I like it, it's unique as far as Lancers go...too much money but still unique.

8. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i like that, would never put that much money into my car, but im glad someone did haha

9. 1slowlance

Meh. Guess I'm not that big of a fan of carbon fiber. It looks good as an accent piece, but not the whole car.

10. FAC3L3SS

Idk. On that dude's car (I know he sold it) it looked great. Carbon fenders, bumper, and hood are all a pretty penny from RRM, but at least you don't have to spend more to paint it!

11. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

You can paint it. I think an electric blue c/f car would look pretty sick or really stupid. Im glad someone had a decent pic of the evo 7 conversion. I am getting one maybe the end of this year. I wanted a better picture than the one they have to finalize my buy.

12. davidlanceres

Meh yea of course you can paint carbon fiber but why? It's not cost effective, most people with Lancers get cf for the look primarily. I'm not gonna go all out on my car but I might do cf mirrors.

13. davidlanceres

Now that's sexy, I love it!

14. 1slowlance

That looks alright, but I'm not digging all the carbon fiber again. Just too much. I like it as an accessory, and not such a big part. Cf hoods and/or trunks look nice, but I can't get into the fenders and all that jazz.

15. FAC3L3SS

I think the EB pulls it off well. I don't care for the perforated hood, but the rest is nice. I agree with it being an accessory...even though I wanted CF fenders for my Neon for the longest time.

David - I think the mirrors would be a good touch. Would flow well with your summer wheels and obviously your hood. It'd be noticeable, but not draw all your attention to them.

16. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

that would be awesome if it wasnt a neon, i just hate they way they look, srt4s dont look as bad, but still not great.
    needless to say it isnt no lancer ;]

17. davidlanceres

One of fastest cars I've ever rode in was an SRT-4.

Heres some new pics with the winter wheels and such.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a couple more crappy iphone pics..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. 1slowlance

Nice, like usual. Never really noticed your front lip. Looks good.

19. FAC3L3SS

S Techs sit pretty well. Looks like some beefy tires for a winter wheel. You see a lot of snow each year?