My 2003 Lancer ES Mod/Build thread.

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by davidlanceres, Oct 16, 2008.

1. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

2. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Good job man i like it especially since its gray. You gave me some idea about those washers for the engine bay keep it up

3. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

Yep, it is included in the price luckily.

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Oh man...come to think of it. I was thinkin about gettin a c/f oem replacement hoods but add the evo vents to it. I dont like the evo style c/f replacement hoods. they dont look good to me compared to oem. Its the way the hump is done.

5. davidlanceres

Yea I like the OEM look, looks cleaner imo.

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Damn, I wanted to get an OEM cf hood as well. Lol.

7. davidlanceres

haha nice, do it! I'm stoked! Can't pick it up till Nov. 6th though, meeting the guy in Des Moines Iowa.

8. davidlanceres

Everything worked out as planned and I installed it this evening :). Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, I'll have better ones in a day or too. Fitment is great!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. 1slowlance

Carbon fiber definitely looks good, man. I'd think about getting that evo style grill though. For some reason, I don't really like that grill. I know RRM sells the evo style grill in cf.

10. davidlanceres

I actually love the grill, somethen different. And I got a great deal on the hood, not gonna ruin that by spending $200 on a grill lol. I'm cheap.

11. cypher115

cypher115 Member

car is looking great man. keep it up

12. davidlanceres

Thanks guys! I'm uploading the pics from my Fall photoshoot now...taking forever unfortunately.

13. davidlanceres

Here are some pics from when I bought my car in 2007! I have officially owned my car for 3 years as of last week.

Where is all started:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11-11-10.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. davidlanceres

Put the winter wheels on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And don't ever buy ebay lug nuts....fml.
    [​IMG]

15. 1slowlance

Whoa. What the hell happened to them? And the winter wheels don't look too bad. Remind me of L2Q's old rims he had.

16. davidlanceres

Well they are cheap light weight aluminum and when I went to take my old wheels off they cracked and split(well 2 of them did), probably the cold weather but still shitty. Yea they aren't bad, better then steelies with hubcaps like I rocked last year haha. It's just those 60 profile tires are HUGE, car is ready to go mudding lol.

17. FAC3L3SS

FAC3L3SS Well-Known Member

Damn. Your winter wheels are nicer than my steelies I rock as everyday wheels. Any shots of a direct side shot, with no wheels turned, of your winter wheels? I just ordered some S. Techs thanks to your car, and I'm curious as to how they'll look with smaller wheels.

18. davidlanceres

Yep I'll get some up here soon, hopefully with my real camera haha.

19. FAC3L3SS

FAC3L3SS Well-Known Member

Haha no rush. I'm just anxious for my moderate drop lol.

I think color matching your mirror housings would do wonders for your car. I <3 your build. So simple and clean.

20. davidlanceres

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Yea I would like to paint them or possibly get those CF covers for them eventually, would look nice.