Moosemeister ES Progress

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by moosemeister, Apr 25, 2011.

1. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Definitely liking the blacked out front.

2. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

^ this good stuff

3. moosemeister

moosemeister Well-Known Member

I have a question for you guys. My friend keeps telling me its probably not possible to have an amp and subs running through my stock stereo, just wondering if there was a way to make it happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

You can do this...you just need what is called a line output converter. You splice the OEM wires and it lets you use RCA's for signal input for most amplifiers....they run from 75 bucks all the way to 400 bucks....

here's an example of what I'm talking about

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is a 6 channel model, but they make them for single channel all the way up to 10 channel (from what I have seen)

I found a cheap non-powered one that you could use if you're on a budget.....runs about 20 bucks...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  5. moosemeister

Dude thank you so much!!! I really appreciate your help.

No help going to the audio shop. They just kept trying to sell me a whole new stereo. lol

6. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Looking good buddy. Did u black out the side markers yourself or buy them?

7. moosemeister

Did them myself. Pulled them out and did them myself. Rather easy process actually.

8. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Look for the line converter online. Personally im going with the audio control in the first pic. Ive used their stuff before and its really clean sounding. Crutchfields price isnt really bad with the free shipping and the cust service is good. I want to upgrade my Fosgate system and thats the first part on my list. Ride is looking sharp man!

9. moosemeister

Thanks Ronin. Sounds like an excellent idea. My girlfriend works at an electronic store and gets mad discounts on car audio parts, so I'm gonna get her to hook it up. lol Going for some new speakers first, may have blown out one...or three. lol

10. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Anytime my friend. Keep us updated. I have some things in the works so I will post pics when I get going. I dont like cutting wires so I want to look at the amp and the plugs and see if I can make an adapter.

11. slickdevil08

just an idea moose. but i have seen sometimes when people black out stuff that they black out the bottom of the lip to.
    give it more of an evo look?
    ever think about blacking that out?

12. moosemeister

Like a blacked out entire front? I'm sorry, I'm not getting what you're trying to say :(

13. slickdevil08

nah ur fine btw i like the way it looks im just saying maybe black out the bottom bumper in black as well to match that blackout kinda like an evo

14. moosemeister

Oh. I get it. Thanks for elaborating. :)

I was thinking of doing it, but I'm not sure if I wanna get a new bumper or not. I bought the car with some scratches on the bumper and now its starting to bug me. lol

I am looking into a set of aftermarkets, I have my sites set on which one, just don't know which it will look best in. Black with red lip or gun metal. All my friends have been split between the decisions too. We went through photo shop to see what it'd look like, and I just can't decide. lol

15. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

Car is looking really nice dude! I'm jealous of the rims. :licklips: - lol

16. slickdevil08

oh np at all and yeah its tough decision man

17. moosemeister

Little update which probably doesn't matter. lol

Neighbor gave me his GTS rims for absolutely free. Just got those bad boys installed. This allows me to work on other things while I put a little aside to get some aftermarkets. :)

Quick question. I'm looking into getting the side skirts and the front air dams, the GTS ones for my Lancer because it is an ES. I could either buy them painted for over $300 or buy them for half the price and paint them myself. Only problem is that its not a generic red, it's rally red. Is there anywhere I can go to get that exact paint code? I tried looking online everywhere, I'm probably just having a bad search.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

18. moosemeister

Well I HAD an update. I had ordered the vortex generator and got rid of the shark fin. It looked great. Due to the bad weather in AZ, I wasn't going to take a picture until the weather cleared up and I could wash my car. Today, it was raining pretty bad and on the way home I heard what sounded like something rubbing against my wheelwell. Turns out, it was the vortex generator separating from the roof of the car. I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this. lol. It's funny and its fairly inexpensive to replace, so I do have another on the way. haha

19. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

That's very strange. What did you stick it on with? 3M tape correct?

20. moosemeister

yep! i just stuck it on the roof with the 3m tape that came with it! it sounded like something was in the wheelwell. i stopped twice to check it out but nothing. next time, i'm gonna put 3m tape around the whole things, not just what came with it