Metra kit now on metra's site

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by grizbone, Jan 31, 2008.

1. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Where can I buy that cable??

2. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

I just googled it, it brought up a bunch of places that had it, I couldnt find it at crutchfield though, it had the PAC SWI-CAN, but Not PAC SWI-CAN2 and Im assuming there is a difference, so yea.

Hopefully this will work correctly with the D3 when I pick it up as well.

3. arc

arc Well-Known Member

i used the PAC SWI-jack i think it was with the jack taht plugs into the back of deck works fine cant comment on bluetooth though.

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

5. playa213xx

playa213xx Well-Known Member

okay so i got my dash kit in right? has anyone tried installing their aftermarket HU with the Rockford Fosgate system in? No sound comes out. It powers up perfect but no sound. So i'm thinking i may have to bypass the factory amp but not 100% positive. Not really wanting to dick around with it if i don't have to! sometimes hooking up the power antenna from the metra harness to the amp turn on works but im thinking its a little more difficult than that.......?????

6. AntonygTs

AntonygTs Well-Known Member

anybody have pics of aftermarket stereo

7. SeRious08

Havn't came across this issue yet. Metra only offers one wire harness for all 3 stereo options on the Lancers. So, it should work. If an extra amp by-pass was needed, surely Metra would have offered it.

8. playa213xx

nah...like i said in that other thread, i called up metra and talked to support and they said that the RF factory amp requires a digital amp turn on which is untraditional than your 12v remote wire turn on. The power antenna cable does not work. They said they will be making an amp integration harness but not to expect it anytime soon.

So FYI to anyone planning on buying the metra dash kit & harness with the sun and sound package....BEWARE!!! it will work but you need to bypass the amp..therefore cut the wires from the amp, run each and every speaker wire directly to your aftermarker HU. It is a pain and you'll need bass-blockers for your tweeters. Also you will lose the factory the sub =(

9. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

so de and es guys r good??

10. SeRious08

GTS guys are fine too as long as they don't have the Rockford sound system. Which is a waste of money. That sound system is pure crap and not worth what they charge for it. But anyways, for those that are going to run independant amps (which I recommend) its no problem at all.

11. playa213xx

jeez...well i thought it was decent while it all was stock...but now that i have my aftermarket HU and my 2 MTX's i realize how much better it sounds now without the factory amp and all.

After I bypassed the amp the tweeters sounded like shit because i had to tie in the components together without a crossover. Since they don't have a crossover specifically for that set up i'd rather save my money and just replace all the speakers. But in the meantime i just bought a couple bass blockers to connect to the tweeters to hold me off till i find a decent set of speakers

12. SeRious08

Yup, thats why I got the sun package but not the sound package. I told them to keep thier rockford crap and over-priced stereo navigation.