Metra kit now on metra's site

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by grizbone, Jan 31, 2008.

1. stonerguy169

stonerguy169 Member

dude said it would come in on Friday but latest Monday but i guess i have to wait and see

2. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Well that sounds promising

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Not sure how they are getting them.

Just called Metra shipping dept and they said that they have not shipped nor will they be shipping any this week.

4. stonerguy169

stonerguy169 Member

yeah well i dunno i think this stereo shop is full of crap when i went the first time back in May they told me they could install it that same day, and I even told them it was a new car and they were like no problem blah blah blah so i dropped it off and then they told me to wait for an hour, went back hour later and they guy was like umm your car is to new and we dont have the kit, like if didnt know that. so yeah my question is should i pay the 96 bucks for it or should i wait to see if its cheaper somewhere else.

5. SeRious08

Wait to see if they actually get it in. Or you can wait for Kru or myself. I'm sure one of us can give you batter deal. If Jake allows me, I have no problems selling them at cost + $5/10 that can go towards the maintence fee of the site.

6. playa213xx

playa213xx Well-Known Member

lol then what are we waiting for...lets get this going so i can get my flipscreen put in

7. arc

arc Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a release date for these ???

8. playa213xx

Well people...i've got the news...both good and bad...

Good News:
    The dash kits are on the website(obviously) and have been on sale now for 2 days!!!!! :)

Bad News:
    All the dashkits are on backorder so it could be months before your able to get one. :(

My source of information is from Metra directly.

I made an order through my company on thursday but have not received it yet so i think i may be among the ones on backorder. I checked crutchfield's site and they don't have it. If you do find a site who was lucky enough to get one please PM me first :D as i was nice enough to share the information with you!!! lol

9. arc

arc Well-Known Member

If anyone finds one on a website can they please post up i'm in Aus and need to order one over interenet

10. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Thåt sücks... î wånt tø gét øné øf thésé whén évér théy åré åvåîlåblé

11. ZEROCOOL

ZEROCOOL Well-Known Member

Good find..thanks for the info.

12. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

What size flip out dvd player will I be able to fit in this kit

13. grizbone

I ordered my from autotoys.com, got the mounting kit for 50 and the Wiring Harness for 10

14. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

/\ i wish i kept my flip out now :(

15. playa213xx

if your talking about the motorized single din dvd player with a retractable screen...Then you can fit it and you can also fit a double din dvd player(the screen on a double din is not retractable)

16. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

If only I would have waited..I bought the new Kenwood 819 flip out back in october, and was soo excited to install it that I ordered from Mitsubishi for $300!!!!!!! the dash piece from the high end lancer that comes with the indash Nav..I made a wooden insert for the double din hole to fit my single din flip out and wrapped the wood in black suede to match my sueded headliner and pillars..

so it looks REALLY good but i hate to think that had I been a bit more patient i could have saved so much $$.. I also hard wired it [/img]

17. arc

arc Well-Known Member

Anyone got there dash kit installed yet...

18. grizbone

mine will be here tuesday !

19. SeRious08

Good luck!

20. playa213xx

how do you know its gonna be here thursday...the way metra explained it to me is that if you ordered one from them within the first 24 hours of them being on the market that you would have one within 3-5 business days. If you weren't so fortunate(like me) you would be waiting a minimal of a month in order for them to have more made. I ordered mine a day after they were released and Metra was already sold out. :cry: