Main difference: ES/GTS

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by delphium_, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

I already have my heart set on getting a lancer,
    problem is the GTS is alittle over my price range seeing as how i'm going to be paying for my car by myself and my insurance.

So i can't afford the 21k

I can probably get the ES for 15k manual.

I was doing some research and read that the only main differences between the GTS and ES are

the GTS has:
    Bigger tires[0.5"]
    Rear spoiler
    Better suspension system
    Better body kit

i also heard fog lights somewhere but is that the only main differences not including options?

I was planning on putting rims on my ES and getting some coilovers when their available along with in the long run getting a body kit for it and a nice high wing.

Can you guys support this information or provide me with right information?

Thanks!

2. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

if your gonna put rims and coil overs you can go for a de. but you should find one with AC, ABS, and disc brakes all around. this should come out cheaper and you wont get that tan interior.

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

/\ lol

IMO, if you are going to do what you say you are going to do, I would get the ES(I have). My es w/gts 18s, front/side skirts and coilovers:

[​IMG]

4. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

why would he need an ES if hes gonna put all that stuff on there? DE would come cheaper.

5. bras_33

/\ he asked between an ES or GTS, not a DE

6. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

yes i know but he also mentioned about it being cheaper. if hes going for cheaper he can go the DE route.

7. bras_33

The poster put up ES and GTS, nothing was mentioned about a DE

8. delphium_

Guys guys guys chillax, all inputs are appreciated!

But yes i'm more interested in the ES then the DE reason being body kit/wing aren't going to come for a little while almost a year. the DE's are okay but the ES's look clean as is know what i mean?

but nobodys told me if the informations correct just told me about getting de's and what not.

and whats IMO mean?
    sorry i'm new.

Not a noob... Just new..

9. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

dude your not getting what im saying, nevermind! let him get that tan interior then :cry:

yeah your info is correct.

10. delphium_

Tan interior?
    Its Graphite gray w/ black interior.

11. bras_33

Rims-
    GTS: 18" ES: 16"

Better suspension, yes
    Bigger brakes
    Front/side/spoiler, yes
    better interior also.

12. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

you dont want tan interior.. get the ES, or the DE, you can buy the GTS body kit online or at mitsu. your gonna eventually get coil overs or springs so that doesnt really matter with the suspension issue.. also you can get strut bars and lower tie bars, anti sway bars ect ect and you will have better suspension than any lancer on the block. you can get the 18" rims from mitsu or ebay, you can also get the same tires.. i suggerst getting diff rims and tires though.. the ones on our lancer suck.. get some nice light weights rims ( 18"s of course ) and get some wider tires that are more sticky..

13. bras_33

"esplain lucy"

14. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

esplain what?

15. bras_33

this /\

16. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

go on aim

17. delphium_

yeah, i know i can always upgrade but am i getting robbed of much?
    cause i think its pretty shetty to pay 5k more for the GTS when it doesn't have 5k difference.

just wondering though.
    i'm getting my car this week so i'll make my final decision.

when you say interior is better what do you mean?

18. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

GTS comes with diffrent texture seats

19. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

dude, since you live in LA and no one has came up with the cash......buy a Graphite Grey Pearl ES and ill sell you all my GTS body kit parts for a good price. ill also sell you my strut bars (f & r) when i change mine out.

the difference is also the sport bucket seats that are in the GTS, sport fabric, the interior pieces that look sorta like cf, exhaust tip, strut bars, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, bigger brake system, and i think there are a few colors that only come in GTS (not sure), climate temp control, magnesium paddle shifters w/cvt (not sure if it comes on ES) and maybe a few other things (cant think right now)

20. bras_33

colors are the same for all 3 models

paddle shifters only on gts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.