Lancer2quick's Project Eclipse...

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by lancer2quick, May 12, 2011.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, as most of you know I snagged a 98 Eclipse GS for a hella low price about six months ago. I really haven't touched it since I parked it in my backyard...but I recently decided to put it back together (well, the pieces that I have). If you would have seen this car when I bought it, the only word that would have come out would have been....WHY?!?

When I bought this thing, it had a Kombat style bodykit, vented fiber hood, Z3 fenders, and a hellatious fiber wing. Engine wise, it has what I think to be a Ractive intake, no-name welded on muffler, and a battery that is too big. Not to mention it sits on some chrome 18's the rub in the rear because of the dropzone springs. The interior was all piled in the trunk and backseat....except for the driver seat. Door panels, lower dash panels, rear panels, vents, seatbelts and even the carpet needed to be cleaned and put back together....all the while sorting through all the screws in the trunk pan.

I spent about 4 hours on the interior today and made a list of things that need to be replaced. So, without further adieu, here she is...in all of her peach color with half the clearcoat gone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its going to be a slow process since I really don't have that much free time, but My next step is to repair the front and rear bumpers and re-mount the side skirts. If I decide I like the kit, I'll keep it on there....but I'm thinking about going with something a little more subtle.

Go ahead and say how horrid it looks...I know, I've seen it in person. Its just something for me to tinker with since parts are so damn cheap for it. I'll keep you guys updated on any progress that gets made. AND...I need a name for her. I haven't thought of one yet, so give me some ideas...

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

You made the interior look hellanice. Get a stock body kit, new paintjob and that'd be a start. Hell, rattle canning it would be better. Lol. Maybe even that rhino-lining. Rofl.

3. lancer2quick

Thanks homie. I still have to replace the carpet...The stains are AFTER I cleaned it. TWICE. I was actually thinking of the OEM kit body with aftermarket lip kit....there are some nice ones out there. AS for color....I think I'm going to paint her Weightless White....Mitsu has to have an Evo color.

4. 1slowlance

Stock kit with a lip is always nice. Weightless would look nice. The intake actually looks pretty nice.

5. Chains

Chains Well-Known Member

Looks damn good on the inside. You should come detail my car. AL ain't that far from TX. I have a GREAT name for her.

BARBRA STREISAND !

6. lancer2quick

HA...no thanks. My car dosen't have a nose right now...and Barbra Streisand's nose is epic......

7. Chains

Chains Well-Known Member

OH ... well no nose ? I got your no nose... Michael Jackson ... to soon ? lol

8. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Aaawwww you killed the thread. Lol

Good job J! Can you do mine too.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

9. lancer2quick

What, build your car? Sure, I'll bring all my stuff to ECMM and I'll have you a whole car built in a weekend....just supply the RedBull....

10. Jogenmaru

Redbull, 5 hour energy, vodka. got ya covered! Lol

11. Chains

Chains Well-Known Member

Full Throttle all day

12. lancer2quick

Well, I replaced the valve cover gasket and plug seals this morning. While I had the cover off, I fugured it would be a good time to clean it up and repaint. I did a quick scuff and paint just to get it to stick, and didn't really worru about getting it perfect (I'll end up painting it another color anyways). The pics look funny because its so bright out, but its a metallic gold with the DOHC 2.0 16 VALVE done in a silver....for no reason. I'll probably do the lettering black later today, not really diggin the gold and silver as much as I thought...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its so bright out, that you can't even see the lettering on the cover...damn

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  13. 1slowlance

I'm liking the gold. Black letters would be fiiiiiiiyaaaaaa. Holler at your boy.

14. Jogenmaru

Is that a 4G63 or 4G64 dohc? Im thinkn 63 but not too sure. I like the gold and silver but gold and black would look better.

15. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

its a 420a engine in the rs the gst and gsx have the 4g63

16. lancer2quick

You sir, are correct...

17. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

Basic run down is :

gs/rs is 420a and fwd
    gst is 4g63 and fwd
    gsx is 4g63 and awd

some parts from the evo 4g63 and the eclipse 4g63 are interchangeable but the engines themselves are not because they are in opposite directions.

18. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

The gold looks awesome! I agree with the black though...it'll make it pop more!

19. lancer2quick

Well, yesterday I decided to see how much work it would be repair the front bumper and put the side skirts back on. So, I zip-tied the front bumper back on....and I made a decision. No way I'm going to put the bumper back on....WAY too low for me. As for the skirts, I'm going to cutthem down a bit and see where it goes from there. Nevermind the gold paint, my neighbor decided to start painting the car for me....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

you need to find a 4g63 if you can get the motor cheap. I hate those 420a's.

oh and just remember, Brian Earl Spillner used to have spoiler and neon light modded 420a :D ohhhh The fast and the furious

Last edited: May 15, 2011