Lancer2quick's Blazer Resurrection....

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by lancer2quick, Sep 9, 2011.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, as a lot of you know, I was handed a 96 Blazer from my Father-in-Law about a year ago. Before that, it just took up space in his driveway...for 2 years. He parked it after the fuel pump started to go....and the radiator cracked....and it fell into a ditch. So, it accumulated rain, trash, leaves, and whatever decided to go in the broken window. here is the only pic I have of it before I towed it to my place....

[​IMG]

I towed it to my place, where it sat for almost a year after cleaning a WHOLE trash can full of shit out of it. Not the inside-the-house can...the big trash-day curb can. After that, I didn't have the funds or time to explore the issues it had.....until now. i started off by changing the fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs, wires, distributor, and gutting her...removing all the wet and rotten carpet in the process.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I then started putting the first coats of black on her....its going to be out in the woods, so no need having nice paint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since I wasn't going to replace the carpet, I decided to scuff the inside and shoot some rubber undercoating...just so I can hose it out whenever need be. Plus, the paint inside was super slick when wet...and I'm known to have a few beers. I even sprayed the center console with undercoat...just for the hell of it....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As of now, It still needs a radiator (arriving today), brakes, tires, Flowmaster (Muhaha), and my ultra-secret body mods....
    Shoot me ideas...I'm willing to do a lot to this thing, since I only have about 400 bucks tied up in her

2. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

good luck with the ressurect

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

spoiler! do it! lol. i kid.

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

^ But, seriously......do it.

5. lancer2quick

hahaha...I had the fiberglass wing that I took off the Eclipse sitting on top of it for a while....it would give some hella downforce....

6. lancer2quick

Well, I got the radiator in last week. Took almost an hour to get the old one out...but 20 minutes to get the new one in. I found out that there isn't a crack in the block or a blown headgasket letting h20 into the oil. I forgot that the radiators that go with the 4.3 motors are pretty much 3 things in one...a radiator, a trans cooler, and an oil cooler. It never occurred to me that the oil cooler in the endtank of the rad may have a leak...and it did. after the new rad was in, I changed the oil to rid some of the h20 out of the crankcase....and so far, so good. After 2 oil changes, the oil barely has any water mixed in....still looks like oil, not the peanut butter milkshake I started with. I will post more pics when I get home....motor has been cleaned up and entire first coat of black is on....

7. lancer2quick

Well...Flowmaster went on today. Spent 3 hours cutting, welding, hanging, and making new hangers...but its there. When I say this thing sounds mean...it shakes the ground around it. 4.3L V6 running Flowmaster Super40 with turndowns and a hollowed out cat.....Fucking LOUD. I never thought that it would sound so evil.....I'll make a clip of it tomorrow....have to run to the in-law's tonight.