Lancer2quick's 2004 R/A..Update..03/12

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by lancer2quick, Jan 31, 2009.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Thanks homie.

OK...update on the trans mount. The transmission side poly bushing WILL fit perfectly in the OEM mount for the 04-06 Ralliart. There...it has now been done and proceed to do this yourself.

The bad news...the original vibration between 1100 and 1350RPMs after the clutch install is gone. However, there is now a vibration from 1500-3100RPMs that is terrible...making the car un-driveable. Took it back to the shop that did the clutch install and proceeded to tell them to fix it. Tear it all the way back down and start from scratch. Almost got into a fucking fistfight with the 50yo guy that owns the place. Fuck...this is exactly why I work on my own shit.

2. SoulEater13

SoulEater13 Well-Known Member

wow, idiots. old people think they know it all, even old people can be wrong. they just are thick headed. i hope everything turns out good. i hope its the clutch and not something else that could be costly.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

possible wrong gear oil? not enough viscosity for the proper friction?

4. lancer2quick

Thought of that as well...but I threw in the Royal Purple Synchro 75w90 GL4 fluid...just as the OEM Diaqueen stuff. I don't know....I have had no real issues with the car until I go and fix what's needing to be done. Pisses me off to no extent. I've spent over 1200 bucks in the past couple weeks taking care of things that need to be fixed....clutch, pressure plate, TOB, resurfaced the flywheel, tie rod ends, alignment, trans mount, plugs, oil change, etc....and NOW I'm having issues.

The thing that pisses me off the most is the fact that I had no vibrations with the worn clutch and the shop said that my motor and trans mounts looked fine. Twice they said this. THEN, they said the low RPM vibration was from a bad trans mount...changed it today. When it was worse than before, thay said that it was caused by the rear roll stop motor mount and that there is no way that it could be any of the rotating assembly (flywheel, clutch, PP). Fucking sick of this shit

5. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

About time I seen this put up.. lol jk. If this is a successful install, I'll be doin it. I need to reduce some of that wheel hop when wrapping 2nd to 3rd

6. roblaza

roblaza Well-Known Member

looks decent for sure. I love the wingless look soo much that i've been thinkin over doing it aswell for some time, but if I do, i'd need to fill the holes and paint the trunk...or fill them and get it wrapped

7. illusiondweller62

illusiondweller62 Well-Known Member

"Old people" = your parents = "idiots" = who's an idiot?

Yep, they've, been around longer than you, hence they know more than you. They don't "know it all", but they deserve respect no matter WHAT they say.

8. lancer2quick

Well, I guess its time for an update on what I have in store for the car in the near future. I have a few things on order...

New Denso O2 sensors (OEM ones are still OK...but they're pushing ten years old...

JBL GTO Component sets (2)...just because the neighborhood isn't loud enough
    [​IMG]

Bride Low Max seats...Gradiation fabric. My OEM driver seat is shot. Fabric is good...but padding and supports on the seatback are worn the fuck out....and I just wanted these. ha
    [​IMG]

Also have a few more goodies in the works...but I just wanted to give you guys a quick update...

9. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Looks like you got the right idea. I can't wait to see it put together. Just make sure to give the GTO's a nice amp to push em.

10. lancer2quick

Well...Finally got a few things done. New O2 sensors are in. Go figure a simple job would give me the most issues. Rear sensor was cake to change...unplug it under passenger seat, feed wire through, unscrew old, install new. The front one on the other hand...that was a bitch. unplugged it, and went to unscrew it...came out about 1/3 the way then stopped. Tried everything I knew...even heating the bung with a torch...no bueno. I ended up taking the midpipe off the car to get it out. Turns out, when they tapped the bung for sensors, someone left a small burr on one of the threads....stripping the OEM sensor and essentially siezing it. Sorry...I didn't think about taking pics for a write up until I was calm, collected, and not yelling obscene things at my car.

Next went in the JBL component sets....they actually came with adapter rings that fit Mitsu's...another plus for JBL. Got the fronts and rears in with no problems, and what a damn difference over the OEM Infinity system. I highly reccomend doing this..

Lastly, the new seats. Install was easy...until I forgot about the seatbelt recievers. Got the seats in the car, sat for a few, then realized....shit. I just took the seat bottoms off and used the OEM reciever bolt with a new nut to attach them to the seat frame. Done deal. I used some seat lowering brackets that lower the mounting position by about 2 inches...these, paired with the Low Max seats means a great driving position. I had these on my OEM seats, and is my number one recommended mod...find them...and do it. You'll love it.

Only pics I have are of the seats...since everythign else is hidden and won't be seen....so here ya go. Bride LowMax seats...lowering brackets...in my RA...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

12. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Damn, those are some fancy seats. Maybe I should pick up a pair.

13. Jogenmaru

No you get recaros. No copy cat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

14. lancer2quick

Ha

15. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Fair enough. That means nobody else gets Recaros. That's my brand now!

16. Jogenmaru

Haha. If I dont beat you to it first. Lol I'm not buying recaros. Maybe the same as l2q since I'm no lancer boy for now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2