Lancer2quick's 2004 R/A..Update..03/12

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by lancer2quick, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Lancer7

Lancer7 Member

SEXIEST LANCER EVER PERIOD. Love this car, would love mine to look half as good one day.

2. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i wish my car shined liked that, my paints all faded

still a beautiful ride sir

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I concur with the above statement

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Easiest thing to do...got to the WalMart and pick up the cheap Turtle Wax orbital buffer. I think its about 15 bucks. Pick up some Meguire's Scratch X, and your favorite wax. Takes about 2 hours, and you will see a decent improvement

5. timschoeliertm

my dad has a buffer i wanna try out, im just affraid of burning my paint off

6. lancer2quick

Well, I haven't updated in a while...so here goes. On Christmas night, my sweet girl got rear-ended....well, technically, sideswiped and THEN rear-ended (long story). I have some better pics but I haven't uploaded them to photobucket....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, Insurance paid to fix her...but it was close. They initially wrote a check for 1,352.00. I laughed as the insurance guy handed me the check and said "I'll be calling you for more." Had my body guy call him for more money two days later...total cost was 3,287.00....almost the limit of repairs (they would have totaled it if it hit 3400 bucks).

I wish I could say that she'd never been in an accident, but apparently the guy that hit her didn't get what he wanted for Christmas and took it out on my car.

7. lancer2quick

Well, today, I took on a little project. The Sony enclosure and sub that I've had in the car for a while has always seemed a little "flat" sounding for a 1300W sub. I had my OEM Infinity enclosure sitting around collecting dust, so I figured "I'll give it a shot". A good bit of cutting, test fitting, more cutting, fitting, some garage door seal (the shit that people put on the front bumper as a "lip kit" only to have it fall off after they hit 25mph) and then re-wiring....I fit the Sony 10" slim sub into the enclosure made for an Infinty 8" sub.

The sound was actually incredible....deep, clear bass with all the punch needed for my XM Liquid Metal....as well as whatever they play on Backspin. The "factory matched" sub and enclosure from Sony was just terrible. It seemed that the sub needed more cubic feet to work well, and now it has it. And I must say, it looks pretty damn good too....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't mind the bunched up carpet...I had to replace my trunk board and carpet a couple years ago, and cut it to fill the trunk...not leaving room for the brackets on the sub. If any of you ES or OZ guys want a nice box, try to find one of these...usually go for 75-90 bucks on eBay. They bolt right up to the trunk floor and the rear deck frame. Just remember...it's only deep enough for a SLIMLINE subwoofer.

Oh, By the way....Its a 1300W sub being pushed by a 250W Fosgate Prime amp....WITH THE GAIN ON 3!!! And it puts out more sound than the Sony enclosure with the amp gain on 8...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  8. timschoeliertm

looks so much cleaner than reagular box, i like that a lot.

not so much the now hurtin bumber though hha

9. lancer2quick

Got the new Evo RS cluster in today...which is strange, because FedEx around here usually dosen't deliver on Saturdays. I like the white face gauges of my R/A, but I LOVE the dark gauges and the tach in the center.....

[​IMG]

Also got the new fogs in today as well....Didn't get a chance to get to throwing them in today due to doing a trans flush on a buddy's truck....but I will get to it tomorrow and post the pics

Jogen, I got a question for you...text me when you get a chance....

10. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Looks really nice, dog. Evo clusters are sick.

11. lancer2quick

[​IMG]

Just a little mod that adds like 20hp.....

12. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I like. I want one cuz im so not unique.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

13. moosemeister

moosemeister Well-Known Member

Wow. Very pretty. Keep it up!! I've always liked the look of these, I hope a friend of mine buys one so I can help him mod it. Looks like a fun car to work on.

14. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Cool sticker. I like!

15. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

Ok...I WANT THE STICKER AND FRONT LICENSE PLATE!!! ZOMG WHERE'D YOU GET!?

16. lancer2quick

I made the license plate when I worked at a vinyl shop a couple years ago...as well as the stickers......I just happened to be going through my closet and found two of them. I figured that I would put one of them to good use...

17. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

Sell the other one?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

18. lancer2quick

Well, a little update. As I hit a slight issue in changing my trans mount in the R/A, I decided to do a little project that has been just waiting....wrapping my dash trim in some CF vinyl. I have had it painted satin black for quite sometime now, and needed to be redone. So instead of painting again, I decided to wrap it. Here we go....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you guys know, I used to work in a vinyl shop, and have all the right tools to do this....but my heat gun took a dump. I had to use the good old sunlight to help heat the material so I could stretch and fit it....so it came out pretty decent with the exception of the few spots you can see.

19. lancer2quick

As for the trans mount....the snag I hit was no one being open on a saturday to press out the old bushing....dumb. I have tried to research it, but I have yet to see anyone put this Evo mount into a R/A or base Lancer. I guess no one has had the balls to order the bushing and do the work to see if it would fit. Me? Thats how I roll.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't worry, I am going to do a write up on how to change the trans mount....as soon as I get it done. If the bushing fits like I think it will, this will give you guys an option besides the OEM 130.00 oil-filled mount.

20. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

The wrap looks great, man. I should really take mine all the way out and re-plasti it, but I'm just too lazy too. Lol.