Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Suspension' started by shieldwolf342, Apr 8, 2010.

1. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

TO BE VERY CLEAR THIS IS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM evolutionm.net
    direct link to evolutionm.net can be found Here
    I decided to post this here because its something that I am looking to do as a project in the summer and thot I would share the info with everyone here.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

There is also a kit somewhere online for about $1,500. I forgot where it was and unfortunately I had to reformat my computer so I no longer have the link.

3. shieldwolf342

4. Jogenmaru

Thank you for the link.

So whats the advantages to going 5 lug vs 4 lug?

5. shieldwolf342

The 4 lug would convert just the back two wheels to the same bolt pattern as the front which is considered and off normal pattern the 5 spoke conversion can be be done for the same if not cheaper depending on what you can salvage off of an 04-06 ralli-art and it ends up being a more common bolt pattern that you can get rims for. Honestly its a matter of preference really.

6. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

the only reason why i would convert would be to get the rear disk brakes, but its not that big of a deal to me to spend all the money for something that works fine, however if you do do it, that would be sick

7. shieldwolf342

i may be doing the straight rear convert to disk cuz simply put i ummm dont have rear drums ATM that work

8. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I would love to do this, but don't really have the time for it as of right now. I use my car for work, and am always afraid to do anything major to it, because if I mess something up, I'm kinda screwed. Lol.

9. Jogenmaru

I like the O.Z. rims so I just may not do the 5 lug conversion. But If I do get 17's I will do the 5 lug conversion. But I dont know how low I can go with 17s.

10. timschoeliertm

you can use get the tein lowering springs and theyll fit fine

11. Jogenmaru

Im actually getting Megan coilovers next month along with 5 new tires and a spare OZ wheel. I dont like the whole rollin around on a donut.

12. timschoeliertm

thats a good idea, i had to do it for a day. not cool. i almost had 2 spare ones but the guy backed out

13. Jogenmaru

I will sell my spare once I find a 5th OZ wheel to replace it.

14. Ciphony

Ciphony Well-Known Member

i want to put spares on all four and then lower my megan racing struts till i hit the ground!