keep missing 2nd gear

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by sk13322, Jul 7, 2012.

1. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

I keep missing 2nd gear while shifting around 6000 rpm. Any tricks with this car? I never had a issuse with any other stick cars and racing them and what not. I do have a short shifter and bushing installed. Any ideas or help would be great maybe i just need to pratice more with this car shifting hard.

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Now my question is are you missing it like slipping into 3rd gear or are you grinding and it refuses to go in at that rpm??

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well don't shift at 6k. Ha but sounds like a synchro about to die. What trans fluid are you running? If its the OEM Diaqueen fluid...I would try a flush and fill with some BG Synchro-shift II fluid. If that dosent work, I would just baby it into gear until it fails completely

4. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

i have had a bad synco in my old car so i know what thats like and this is deff not it. i been shifting closer to 6500 and i havnt missed one yet, i think it might of been me more than the car. it was just not going into third would grind a little and stay in neutrul. other than this i baby the car and it only has 15000 miles. It has the stock oem fluid.

5. drew88

drew88 Member

i had this same problem when my car was pretty new to. at high rpms once in a while it would not go into second gear. at first i thought i just tried to shift a little to early before the clutch was fully disengaged but the next few times it did it i had the clutch fully depressed. now that i have 60k on the car it hasnt happenned in a long time.