Keegan's 09 ES Progress Report

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by KeeganT, Mar 27, 2011.

1. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

^ This

2. KeeganT

KeeganT Well-Known Member

So for whatever reason I came home today and decided to spend $500 on lighting for my car. On its way is ddm's 35w 10000k hid's for the lows, 3000k hid's for the fogs, fog light housing, evo x tail lights, and jrox drl bypass..... Will post pics next week fo sho

I'm also going to write my own spin on installing the fog lights how to do if you drive an ES like me that does not come stock with them. I found an easier way to get into the firewall than all the other how to do's have. Can't believe I just spent that much.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

i cant believe so either. Wanna toss $200 my way? Anyway, looking forward to that how to for all of your products you plan on installing.

4. KeeganT

Funny part is Jog I got a smoking deal on the HID's no need to go into detail you know how cheap ddm is. The evo X tails were only $170. So $80 for hid's fogs and lows, $170 for tails, $40 for jrox harness, $95 for the foglight housing. So thats like what $380 to $400 total? A little exagerated from $500 but you get my point :p

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Should be nice, that high Kelvin for HID's isn't really my thing, but the Evo tails will look great.

6. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

agreed the evo tails will look great

7. KeeganT

Well this is frustrating. Everything is in. Evo X tails look great. HID headlights work fine. Fog lights are a fail. Don't adjust with the adjustment screw at all, so now I have to hope the seller isn't a pain in the ass. I need him to send me 2 bulb housings that adjust because my driver side fog is a rich dark yellow and is angled at the right spot, but the passenger side fog is angled too low and it is a whitish yellow because of the angle. I really hope he agrees to just have me send my bulb housings back and he'll send me two bulb housings with working angle adjustments. I don't want to send the entire kit back because of all the hassle of wiring it through the firewall.

Just so you guys know for the hid's I went with ddm tuning's 10,000k 35w for the headlights. They aren't blue at all. Actually kind of whiteish. So much for 10,000k's being to blue for all of you eh? And yes I did let them warm up I drove the car around for 30 minutes. The fog's have 3000k 35w. I'm really cranky right now because you spend all this time doing a clean install and then something as simple as an adjustment screw doesn't work. It's been a long day putting all of this shit in. Works just fine doesn't look how I want it to though.

8. KeeganT

Some things are better the 2nd time around. Best looking ES in AZ is on its way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  9. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Damn, son. Looks good, and I hope you're alright with that wreck.

10. KeeganT

Yeah I was just emotionally hurt as all of us would be. It was kind of a blessing in disguise I must say.

Almost forgot about this NDB but it keeps you guys updated

[​IMG]

Within the next few weeks: Either RRM or OBX headers. My brothers are bugging me to go OBX but I want RRM. Opinions?

Within the next few months: The car will be getting its suspension and handling overhaul. Yes I can't deny that it implies coilovers. I'm leaning towards megan coils. As for the rest I'll keep you guessing.

Over the summer the car WILL definitely be going back to First Class Autobody, who did the collision repairs, for some more work. I'll keep whats getting done quiet for right now for as well. Let's just say that my original wish list has completely changed.

11. SoulEater13

SoulEater13 Well-Known Member

i like what you got going on, except the suspense part. lol but you should get what ever parts you want for your car. who cares about what others say, they dont own your car. in the end, its yours. do as you see fit. good luck in your car endevours bro.

12. KeeganT

Like I said, headers are on their way. Decided to go with RRM. Got the car back from the body shop yesterday. I'm gonna be taking it back once ASU is on spring break because one of the brackets the driver's side headlight is mounted to is still bent which throws the whole headlight off.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
  13. moosemeister

moosemeister Well-Known Member

Tough luck on the accident man. Seriously, people in Arizona don't know how to drive. Especially in the valley!

14. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

I don't think anybody can drive. Anywhere.

edit: Except us.

15. moosemeister

moosemeister Well-Known Member

It should be illegal to use turn signals here in AZ. No one seems to. I almost got clipped again on my way home from work

16. KeeganT

I've pretty much given up on driving here unless it is between the hours of 10 pm to 5 am. Sad truth. In other news the rrm header came in yesterday. I'll be installing that later this week. Anyone know why they say it is ceramic coated when it looks like stainless steel? Are they just confused? Am I just confused? Lol it don't look like any ceramic header I've ever seen.

17. KeeganT

Installed the header last night and it sounds terrible. Im not sure why rrm doesn't include a new head gasket and donut gasket, but I'm gonna get those new at the dealer probably for an arm and a leg. It sounds extremely raspy so I think it is the head gasket. Guess I'll find out

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  18. Jogenmaru

Nope. Thats the header. The cat prevented that sound. It was a bottleneck. Also, if the header is shiny, then they didnt put the ceramic coating on it. And if they sell parts like that they should provide gaskets. This is a major issue we had with them before. We dropped them because we had too many complaints. But they just so happen to be one of the only shops to make lancer parts.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

19. KeeganT

Yeah trust me the looks you get when you say "they didn't send new gaskets with it" raises some serious eyebrows. I even took it down to the Mitsu dealer and had a service technician get in the car with me and he said the same thing you did about the header changing the sound that much. I gotta be honest it really caught me off guard. My car sounded so clean and smooth with the injen exhaust and now I just sound like a f***ing tank lol. Should have gone with my gut feeling and went with RPW. Oh well performance > sound I guess.

20. Jogenmaru

Either would have given you the same sound. If you went with rpw you most likely would have recieved gaskets with it though. Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk