Karan's 2008 Electric Blue GTS (K&N SRI Installed)

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Karan, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Re: Karan's 2008 Electric Blue GTS (Magnaflow Catback Exhaust)

Went outside and took a few pictures today as it finally warmed up, relatively speaking as its still -8c. Apologies for the filthy car!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will make some video clips tomorrow and post them on Youtube.

2. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

3. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Re: Karan's 2008 Electric Blue GTS (Magnaflow Catback Exhaust)

Sorry for the delay in this, but with temp's hovering in the -20c to -35c mark for a few weeks now, it was just too cold. With the weather finally warming up today though, I had a chance to take a couple clips. Both are closeups of the exhaust from behind. One of the car idling, and one with it revving to about 5000RPM.

Idling
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNdHtzkn0As&fmt=18

Revving
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjv4DTxDo78&fmt=18

4. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Well I thought I'd post up some pics of the K&N SRI install. And yes I did get my engine bay freshly shampooed and dressed this past weekend, for the first time since I bought the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Looks really good. Talk about post gap. Lol.

6. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Yeah I know man, things were a bit unpredictable at work with the economy last year so I had to cut back a little on the modding :(

7. 1slowlance

I know what you mean. The engine bay looks really good though. Did you do it yourself? If so, how long did it take you?

8. ThriceAsNice

ThriceAsNice Well-Known Member

Looks really good, get some bronze wheels and it your car would look super FRESH

9. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Thanks man! Bronze wheels are actually pretty high on my to-do list. Just gotta get the $$$ for it, as it'll probably set me back a good $1750.

10. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member

wow it looks like a brand new car

11. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Thanks man :)

The guy who did the engine dressing also detailed the full car for me as well: Hand wash, claybar, swirl remover polish & high gloss paint sealant.

I ended up installing a few cosmetic items as well since then as well: Fender arches, Ralliart doorsill plates & foglight chrome surround rings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Well I finally had the v-lip installed this past week!

Got it from the ebay seller rickchong* and it shipped surprisingly quickly and arrived in decent condition. There was just one small 1/2" sized chip but its not a very noticable area thankfully.

Shipped with 6 screws (3 for each side) but the shop didn't like the look of them so they used alternate body screws along with body clips and used 10 in total for additional support. Feels really solid now and the fitment is pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Was a nice sunset evening so I decided to head out and take some new pics of the car, with the lip on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Car looks great man im loving the lip probably because im biased i have one too lol. Care to give a review of the K&N intake youve had a while now how do you like it?

15. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Member

This thread is great, such clean pictures and such a slick car. What kind of camera are you using?

16. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Hey thanks a lot guys :) The camera is a Canon 450D (Rebel XSi).

The intake I've been quite happy with, a few months of using it now. There was an issue bolting the intake tube to my intake manifold because the bracket K&N supplied was either for newer 2.0's or the 2.4L engine. But after reporting the issue to K&N via email, they sent me a custom bracket within a few weeks, to bolt the intake tube on.

I absolutely love the sound of it. The thing sounds just plain mean above 3-4000 RPM. At cruising speeds, its not a pain in the butt at all.

Performance wise its hard to really gauge and there are probably no major or significant gains to really be noticed in everyday driving.

17. 1slowlance

Digging the v-lip.

18. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Did a small photoshoot a couple weeks ago with my friend's Jetta at a parkade in the city here. Thought I'd share a few of the pics from it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 1slowlance

That Jetta's looking pretty good. Like those rims on it, but it looks like it has altezzas from one of the pics. You need some bronze rims. Bronze rims on blue car=sex.

20. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

I love your pics! Good work and the car is looking beautiful!