jeh438's nitrous install

Discussion in 'Nitrous' started by mxmccarter2401, Dec 16, 2008.

1. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

that is sweet dude
    but i couldnt help notice...are those pink nikes?

2. jeh438

jeh438 Member

HAHA no they are red i noticed that too!! Yes I've used it several times with no problems at all

3. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

Awesome, when you switch to wet, take some photos with the plastic cover off. I would like to check it out.

4. TheGrim

TheGrim Active Member

well one thing i can add to ur installation is this.... the nozzle in the airbox near the airfilter is kind of a bad way to run it. no closer than 4 inches to the throttle body is normal with wet kits. for dry, what you have done is sufficient, but wet needs to be closer to the TB (keeping at least 4 inches length away from it) so fuel will not puddle in the intake tract. just a suggestion. where u had it to begin with was fine for dry and wet setups.

5. I may just misunderstand you, but for wet it need to be about four inches from the throttle body. For dry nitrous (injecting only nitrous) the nozzle needs to spray into the MAF sensor so the factory computer can add fuel.

6. TheGrim

TheGrim Active Member

hmm, i was speaking thinking that he still intends on going with the wet kit setup. which would entail moving the shark nozzle to about 4 inches in front of the throttle body.

if he were to keep it dry, he could keep it in the actual airbox but he would probably see better gains with it closer to the throttle body. the MAF is not calibrated to recognize nitrous... the ecu will not add fuel in that case. which is why wet kits tap into the fuel line itself.

am i still unclear?

7. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

lol k i had to ask
    but yea sick job man and im totally anxious to see a vid.

8. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Nice to know that there's still more performance upgrades that can be done to our car. Once you finish you should do a tutorial on the project. :drunken: :drunken:

9. TheGrim

TheGrim Active Member

curious as to the finished product of the installation....

10. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

any updates on this?

11. Alpha Q

Alpha Q Member

You need to invest your money in some cleaning supplies before you waste your money on nitrous.

12. skullpr

cleaning supplies??? care to share your knowledge??

13. Alpha Q

Alpha Q Member

Yeah cleaning supplies! Thats all the knowledge I care to share for someone who really needs to clean their car

14. SIMPLEJACK13

SIMPLEJACK13 Member

Is 200HP really the limit of our engines ? That is a dissapointment....

15. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Where do you get that info from?

16. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

you know i have had this said to me also. example if you are building a N/A car and it's a 2.0L engine then the max HP is 200. or like a 1.7 is 170HP, 1.8 is 180, ect....... i never believed it but someone told me this.

17. skullpr

damn...if thats so it really sucks...turbo here i come!! :D

18. SIMPLEJACK13

SIMPLEJACK13 Member

Some one suggested that the 4b11 max is 200hp. IT is on page one of this thread. I dont know if thats true or not which is the reason I was asking. The two main thing I would worry about is fuel and timing and how to fool the stock ecu. For now I would go over a 50 horse power increase with nitrous dry wet direct port signle nozle or not. But just as a guess even with all the good stuff on the car I wouldnt expect it to be much.

19. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

I dont think the max is 200hp, the RRM turbo should easily put our cars over that, and I havent heard anybody having a problem. I just personally wouldnt use anything over a 50 shot on a stock 4 cyl like ours, and thats one thing I was told for nitrous, 50 shot for a 4 cyl, 100 shot for a 6 cyl, and 150 shot for an 8 cyl. I dont really trust that saying either lol.

20. skullpr

yeah the RRM turbo can get it over 200HP but keep in mind we are talking about N/A cars...that they wont go over 200HP with just simple bolt-ons....