Is this Common? (Plug-N-Play Harness)

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by 4B12LancerGTS, Mar 10, 2009.

1. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Ok probably like most of us we all got some kind of head light bulb upgrade. Am I right?

Well I did, I upgraded my 09 GTS Halogen Bulbs for some Golden Ion Yellow 3750k Luminics Halogen Lows. I also purchased the Plug-N-Play WIring Harness, Wasnt sure if i needed this but i was recommend that i do need it since stock wattage for bulbs is 52 watts while these new bulbs are 55 watts.

So i purchased the harness and bulbs from Luminics USA and 7 months later this happened

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the only reason I even noticed this was because my front right light was completely out as if the bulb had given out.

Took the bulb out and its 100% perfect still, Everything still intact in the bulb and out. But once i saw the harness i knew it was the problem!

So i took the harness off and plugged the bulb to the OEM Harness and TA DA the bulb is on but not only that its also seems brighter! SO i took the other harness off the left headlight and even that one is brighter now!

So some questions I have. Is it "Common" for the Harness to get damaged in this way? AND Is it "Safe" to use these bulbs without the harness?

2. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

hrmmm. idk never seen this b4. kinda makes me nervous

3. 4B12LancerGTS

Yea it makes me nervous to! And the worst part is Luminics only provides a 90 day warranty and regardless of what happened to the product after 90 days its non refundable!

Damn them! oh well its only $20 but still thats a g of dro!

4. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

if the bulb wattage is above the factory bulb wattage... that is what caused this.

5. 4B12LancerGTS

But TONS of ppl get way beyond the stock wattage! Care to explain HID's? yes they have their own harness but thats why if you get higher wattage halogen bulbs you get this PLUG N PLAY Harness.

6. soldier7duece

soldier7duece Member

Ouch, that sucks man. That harness dowsn't look like it adjusts the wattage or power in any way, it just looks like an extender to me. I was thinking about getting the luminics yellows for my fogs but I'm not so sure now :(

7. 4B12LancerGTS

Thats exactly what i said. It looks like an extender! But the thing its actually pretty heavy duty! Hard plastic and the plastic around the wires are solid.

Luminics is going to give me a discount on anything i want. I dont know how much of a discount but something is better than nothing. They said my car might have pulled to much power to the light bulb which caused the overheating!

Beware to whom anyone with a sound system! if ur pumping alot of wattage into the car be careful with the light bulbs!