"Is That An Evo??"

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by LuvMyLancer, Apr 12, 2008.

1. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Does anyone else get REALLY annoyed when asked that?!

I swear, someone everyday stops and asks me. CLEARLY it's NOT an EVO. They may have similar grills kinda but they dont really look the same at all!

If people knew anything about cars they'd know it's not an Evo just by looking at it.

But nooo... people all the time either ask me or walk around and look at the back to see if there's an Evolution badge on the back :roll:

Ok, thats all I wanted to vent about...

/rant 8) [/b]

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

a lot of times, its a line or cant believe that a woman drives an "evo" :D

I get that a few times and I almost got into an argument with a girl who drove a wrx wagon and swearing up and down that mines an X...she kept pointing to my shiny radiator and said that is a front mount.

3. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

haha. Just let the people think what will help them sleep better. Who the hell cares lol. If its an evo than damn we are drivin some nice stuff for a lower price. But anyways yeah..

4. hoygagoka

hoygagoka Well-Known Member

Well if they think its an evo, to me I would take it as a compliment! :D

Lol

Just dnt race them lol

5. LuvMyLancer

I think I'm just gonna start telling people that it is :lol:

6. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

yeah i get that too, specially when I have the black-out front and the vortex gen...i think its a complement, especially from a person who drives an evo, whatever they think I still correct them thats its Lancer...with pride...

7. Lancerlot

Lancerlot Well-Known Member

i tend to get more saying 'nice licence plate' haha

8. LuvMyLancer

Whats your license plate say??

I'm getting plates that say COOLWHIP hahahah

9. Lancerlot

Lancerlot Well-Known Member

IDLOOK2

10. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

11. LuvMyLancer

haha thats a good one.

I've come up with many plates, just not sure what I want...

QTINSIDE
    HNDAEATR
    IH8HONDA
    EVOLVED
    UENVYME
    ITSMINE
    RUJELUS
    MSHIBSHI
    INURDRMS

Oh I could go on for an hour making up plates... LOL

12. Geaux

Geaux Well-Known Member

The only people that can tell a difference between an EVO and a LANCER are those on sites like these, most people could care less.

I blacked out the front of my car and when I told my friends, they all said "I couldn't even tell you what it looked like before, but it looks good, I guess." Haha.

BTW, any license plates that bash other companies are lame IMO, especially the EAT HONDA one haha, our cars are slow as piss just like hondas. We MIGHT have a good race with a Honda FIT though :). Try and stay away from the EVOLVED one also because you are not an evo, and if you hate people asking if its an evo now, then you shouldn't put that on your LANCER.

13. LuvMyLancer

Well the only reason I wanted EVOLVED was because I think the 2008 Lancers are way better than the ugly ass old ones they've been selling the past whatever years... LOL.

And the Honda bashing has nothing to do with speed, I don't care if my car's fast, its a daily driver, I just simply think Hondas are teh poop.

the HNDAEATR one was one I made up years ago for my Trans Am (6.6L V8... DEFINITELY A HONDA EATER!)

14. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

im waiting for mine but my plate it bambam after my fight nickname

15. bras_33

my homies plate:

[​IMG]

16. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

good job bras_33, put ur buddy on blast like that. COME STEEL ME!!!

Ur a douche! LMAO!

I never get " Is that an EVO?".

I get the guy walking to the front looking for the front mount and then scratching his head and asking "Why did you take out the intercooler?". Go figure.

17. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

i get this all the time and at shows people walk by and say "damn, look at that evo x/10"......LMAO, i dont care though, im used to it by now, lol.

18. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

nemo wit ure car its understandable lol

19. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

:D

20. bras_33

TRUST, he doesnt mind. Besides what he does for a living, no one will mess with it except for honduhs that think they have juice!!!!