Intake Help Please

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Superman327, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Superman327

Superman327 Member

I have a 2010 Lancer ES and am looking to put in a short ram intake. I would like to get a Takeda SRI but don't really know what the best option is. Help please??

Any other opinions for more horses would be welcome too! haha

2. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

I can honestly tell you that I have the Takeda SRI for my GTS, which has the 2.4L engine, whereas your ES has the 2.0L. I'm sure they make it for your ride, and I'd highly recommend it. I've had mine in the car for a little over a year, and from day 1 ive noticed some difference.

3. Superman327

Superman327 Member

Very nice man, I am sure it sounds sick. And the only Takeda I can find that might fit my car, is .. http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsu...performance/intakes/short_ram_intakes/takeda/ and it says it fits the 08 and 09 model. Would this fit my car too you think? Also, what are your views on HPS ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/320921147041?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 Or perhaps this ingen http://www.ebay.com/itm/320930318295?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 And thank you very much for replying I appreciate it.

4. Superman327

Superman327 Member

I ended up getting a used Injen SRI. I installed it yesterday and the service engine light came on. Is there a way to fix this? Possibly a leak somewhere?

5. Superman327

Superman327 Member

And I did reply a few days ago but apparently it never went through...but I picked up the injen intake and injen axel back exhaust for $350. They look almost brand new once I cleaned them up.

6. Eshort

Eshort Member

That cel light happens with new intakes, the maf is reading more air than usual it should go away after a few days but if not I wouldn't worry about it, I have the takeda 2.0 and lover it and also had the rrm v2 sri and I loved them both. But that cel light is common and should go away soon

Sent from your moms phone using Tapatalk

7. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

hmmm...i've never had the CEL come on with mine...i honestly don't know what to say.

8. evilstig4b1

evilstig4b1 Well-Known Member

9. Superman327

Superman327 Member

once I go through to check it and tighten, will the light reset itself?

10. Eshort

Eshort Member

No it could take a few days or you can take the ground off the battery

Sent from your moms phone using Tapatalk

11. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

I installed the takeda short ram and never got a light on a 2011 sportback. Check to make sure everything is tight and clean the maf sensor with maf sensor cleaner just becarefull and make sure it sits in the intake right and tight but dont strip the bolts.

12. SpartanSMH

SpartanSMH Member

Rrm provides a new o-ring for your sensor too. Maybe double check you're not getting a leak from the stock o-ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk