In-Dash Multimedia Touchscreen

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by TheDude, Dec 8, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

So, my next mod on the list, which wil lbe a christmas present fro mmy girl, will be the above mentioned. The shop i have near me is offering me a good price, however, i dotn know the type of product they are giving me (probably pioneer). I have also seen that JVC Sinestra has, and it looks like its a great choice. Im curious to see how everyone else went, and what products you all recommend. What im aimnig for is dvd/cd/mps/ipod ready. The most important thing is the ipod ready, since it is damn near hard to drive and dick around with an iTouch. Let me know whats good homies

2. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

Are you looking for one like what the y have on the GTS or a smaller compact one that the screen pops up?

3. TheDude

Yea, like the stock one. dont want any pop outs. Shit breaks like a bad joke.

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

most of the Pioneers will work with the iPods, but they won't have direct iPod control from the headunit unless you buy an add-on part.

I like Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD with the CD-IB100II

5. TheDude

Good choice, WTFZOMG price. Remember, i just bought a CF hood thats 850$. Lets try to save me some money here lol

Looks liek a good one tho, Serious. Just waaaay out of my price range

6. SeRious08

My cost is only $730.... :D

You could always go with AVH-P4000D. My cost on the $365 :)

7. SeRious08

Or an AVIC-F500BT: $280
    AVIC-F7010BT: $430
    AVIC-F700BT: $485

These all of course have navigation too :D :D :D :D

8. TheDude

I actually was looknig at the P4000 when you told me about the other one. Looks good, and good price, just lookin for 100% touch screen w/o knobs. I wrote it down on my list tho.

Those other ones tho, big no no. Too small to bother buying. Those pioneers are defintly on my list now. Good lookin out Serious

9. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

ok welcome to my domain lmao
    pioneer z2 or z3 for sure
    you can find good prices around the internet

10. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

z2 sucks... I've got it in the car right now.

I would go with the kenwood, it has garmin navagation and it looks pretty nice. I haven't messed with it yet but the avic-z2, and z3 are overpriced and they aren't great headunits.

11. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

Damn. Y'all got good taste.

12. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

z3 is beautiful with a great sound ouput and the HDD
    and 3D maps
    eclipse makes some nice ones though and they hav the 5V preouts and full DSP equalizers touchscreen

13. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

You know my vote already. I have had zero problems with the JVC i got its very responsive even when cold and all around is just great a unit. I was like you i didnt want any knobs nor a flip out and something with an ipod integration kit and this worked perfectly. JVC also just came out with i think its the 810 its the big brother of mine with a few more options.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. SeRious08

Yeah the JVC KWAVX810. I get it for $508

Another nice unit is the Panasonic CQ-VW100U

I also like the Clarion MAX685BT

15. TheDude

Does anyone think buyign from amazon is a bad idea? cuz if it isnt, im buying one like Sinestras. That shit just makes me fuzzy inside

16. SeRious08

You have to be very careful when buying from onine sites. Many manufactures, like Pioneer, will not warranty an item unless it was bought from an authorized dealer. If anything happen to the headunit, speakers, amps, ect, you would be screwed.

17. TheDude

What do you recommend then Serious? I think my heart is set with Sinestras JVC. And the place that i can buy it at is telling me for 550, with installation and everything. Thats really alot considering i can get it for 324 on amazon, then just take it to them to instal

18. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

If you buy it from Amazon you are covered. Amazon and any dealer selling through Amzaon is a authorized i have the full warrenty on my unit and even registered my unit with JVC. Even if there is a problem you can contact Amazon and they will either replace it or give you a refund. Its up to you im just sharing my expierence i buy a lot of stuff through Amazon and everything always runs smoothly.

I can assure you, you will have the full warrenty from JVC on the unit if you chose to buy it. If you have questions shoot me a PM.

19. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

hrmm. this one actually looks pretty nice. i dont think ima get a touch screen anytime soon since there is still alot of other things i want. lol but does it have a HDD with the nav maps r a CD?

20. dynasty3695

dynasty3695 Well-Known Member

hey, i was looking through some threads and saw this one, and now i have a question, i love all of the touchscreens you have all posted but im limited on money to an exstent.(sp?) i found this, and read about it, and it looks like a great touchscreen, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eda8742-20
    these should fit the 08 lancer de correct? not sure, but i think so. and does any one have a suggestion on were i should get a dash kit for the instilation???