i need opinions...

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by lancer2quick, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Eric1180

Eric1180 Active Member

i vote yes on flat black it would be sick

2. pbstud2001

pbstud2001 Well-Known Member

oh, but done right it could probably look cool...like the texture and shade of a lambo reventon, thats flat and badass...the only reason i think about it being ugly is because everyone here in san antonio on the south, lower east, and lower west side spray paint their old ass shitty hondas with black primer because they can't afford a paint job...I HATE THAT, but if you do it right and add a lil sumthing to it to make it a step above then it would be really cool

3. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

^^^ Same here. So many Cavaliers and other junky cars with flat black primer paint .... it's gross... :(

Just seems so cheap to me.

4. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

i think it would look good, do it i love flat black, done professionally it will come out really good

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

stained...no. a flat paint job is just like a gloss or metallic, just with a flat clearcoat.

6. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

just thought I'd point this out, if you ever did or still consider the flat black paint job. What about the clear coat on the CF hood? it would be shiny, unless you stripped it and recleared with a non-gloss clear, but would it even look that good? And how many cars have you seen in that paint scheme that have anything CF externally?

7. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

^ Thats a good point. If you go flat you might as well go flat all the way.

8. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

well, ehat i was thinking about the cf...i would paint it flat also, but leave a 12 inch stripe on the driver's side and onto the decklid. like a single carbon racing stripe....

9. Spnrx

Spnrx New Member

I like the Idea of the singel Carbon racing stipe. I currently have an 06 lancer with a shitty paint job from a shop that I feel was robbery. So I'm also thinking of stipiping the current sadness and return to black but possibly now a flat black. The pic was wicked, I hope you do it, and if you do send in pics so I can see how you did it. Any advice for a novice looking do the same job?