Hydroshield

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Conduct, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

Well since the majority of people have received their CAI from Injen, I'm wondering when they are planning on shipping the Hyrdoshield, I don't know about most of you, but I am hesitant on putting on my car since it's raining more and more recently.

2. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

A few things to know about our car and the CAI:

The length and bends would require a lot of power to be able to suck water all the way to the engine

Our car doesnt havent that much power

The placement of the CAI is very well protected, and little, if any water will get near the thing (unless you drive into a foot deep puddle of course)

3. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

just checked and my hydro sheild is comming in today on fedex truck....

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I already received mine. Whats the hold up with all of yours?

LMAO!

Couldnt resist.

5. RALLIART

hmmmm yeah mine comes in today on fedex...

6. Guest

Guest Guest

^ oh come on now u know that was funny

7. RALLIART

yeah.................hahahaha

8. ddboy

ddboy Well-Known Member

I was hesitant to buy the CAI because I was thinking of something. Wouldn't water from the tire enter the filter?
    How much water does it take to fuck up the car?

9. Subawho

ONE DROP. 8O

10. ddboy

ddboy Well-Known Member

That's all it really takes to fuck up a car??????
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :angry5:
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Subawho

Nah it takes a bit more than that. I dont think anyone has actually MEASURED, but you wont have a problem unless you submerge the thing.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

U have all the inner liners and protective shields under the car and the grill in the fog light area. So even if u never go it, I really dont believe that our cars have what it takes to suck up any water and get it up and over the bends.
    I have taken my car thru water that was more than 6" deep and I dont have any of the inner liners or under shields and more than once and not a prob. With or with out the Hydro shield.

13. ddboy

ddboy Well-Known Member

The reason I ask is because I currently have the Fujita and I don't wanna install it because of the vibration mount issue.
    What would you do, Wait for a fix from Fujita? Fix the problem by your self? Return the SRI & get the Injen?

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Im all Injen my brudda. As many probs as Fujita has been having, I would send it back. Why mess with that crap. I havent had ! problem or even a concern with my intake.

15. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

get a mazda intake,lol :D im joking haha :la:

16. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

damn.. i wanna buy a CAI or the fujita SRI.. but im getting a turbo.. its all gonna be relocated when/if u get a turbo.. i cant even get headers cause ill have a downpipe and intake manifold.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

its gonna be a long while until a turbo kit will be released

18. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

And even then id go look at the topic they have over at projectlancer. Our cars arnt designed to have a turbo and might not even handle the power from what they say over there.

About the Fujita stuff. I installed mine with my own fixes. Its fine and all i might use it for about 2 months or so and then ill upgrade to CAI just because of how cool it looks and like kru said, no issues and no concerns. And im really getting tired of fixing one issue after another with this SRI.

19. ddboy

ddboy Well-Known Member

What kind of issues are you having???

20. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

I still havn't recieved mine -.-

bleh.. :?