How To retrofit yellow capsules into your fog lights.

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Knowledge Base' started by firebretha, Jun 7, 2008.

1. firebretha

firebretha Well-Known Member

DIY retrofitting yellow capsules into your fog lights.

Why do this project?
    Due to a law that made the use of a certain material in which made the best yellow bulbs was made illegal. All the new yellow bulbs are subject to fading out.
    By using these capsules just like OEM lexus’s you can retain yellow fogs allot longer!

[​IMG]
    You can purchase them by paypaling $30 to Andy, andivic@hotmail.com with your shipping address to get a set. Put yellow capsules in the subject of the payment. The only other place I found them from (hidtech.com) has not responded to any of my emails.
    The ones used in this how to are from Andy so I would recommend buying from him so you can get the same results.

Remove the fog light cover by removing the Phillips screw shown below. There is only one.
    [​IMG]

Remove the three Phillips screws to remove the fog light. [​IMG]

This is the dangerous part in which you can accidently break the capsule. Take a new sharp razor blade and run it around the capsule a BUNCH of times. Spend a minute or two just running the blade around the capsule to slice up the silicone.(from behind the capsule, not the top/front) Then, putting LIGHT!!! (or else you will break the glass! I DID!) pressure, if you cut the silicone enough then the metal bracket will come away from the capsule.
    [​IMG]

Now to take apart the fog light housing you must use a torx bit to take the adjuster off of the bowl (red arrow). Use a flat head with LIGHT pressure (don’t break it!!!!!) to allow you to pull the bowl away from the housing.
    [​IMG]

Test fit the capsule into the bowl to see how it will fit so you can get an idea of how to silicone it in. once you are confident in it you can then go to the next step.
    I put silicone around the capsule above the white silicone that was still stuck to it and then inserted the capsule into the bowl and added more silicone.
    [​IMG]
    I then placed them flat onto some candle holders and let it dry over night.

Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Awesome... thanx!

3. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

do you recommend these for HID bulbs...cuz im thinking of getting HID fogs...but will they fit and not only that but also withstand the high heat??

4. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

My suggestion is, if your planning on doin this, why not just get 3000k fogs? these come yellow, and you dotn need to change anything, except what youre already planning to change. that is what is next after my custom dualexhaust.

5. skullpr

because this way I can change back & forth whenever i want...but thanks for ur suggestion...

6. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Np. To answer your heat question, id say yes they might not withstand the heat... i could be wrong tho. if you have regular fogs atm, you can switch the actually bulbs to yellow bulbs. Check out mine, thats what they look like

7. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

The Yellow fogs are a nice touch on your car. Much nicer than the stock bulbs.

8. skullpr

I thought about going with the 3000k HIDs but Im going for the ALL bright-ass diamond white...still gotta order the lights though