How To: Install Cf Exhaust Shield

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Knowledge Base' started by blacksheep818, Mar 17, 2008.

1. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

well this is my first HOW TO so ill give it a try. well i decided to install the exhaust shield with rivets instead of the double sided tape they give you.

the tools your going to need:

1.Drill
    2.Drill Bit(1/8size) that is meant for plastic, i got one that is meant for wood,metal, and plastic
    3.Rivet Tool
    4.Rivets 1/8 size
    5.Painter tape
    [​IMG]

So first your going to drill into the CF, you don't need to use a lot pressure let the drill do the work. tape off the area your going to drill that way you don't scratch the Cf [​IMG]

Once you drilled all the holes tape it onto the car so that it doesn't move while drilling
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So once the holes are drilled take the rivet tool and rivets and put in the holes you drilled and rivet them in
    [​IMG]

now your done
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChokingChicken

ChokingChicken Well-Known Member

Nice write up.

That actually looks 100 times better with the rivets in there

3. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

yea looks like its part of the car.

4. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

that looks so sexy and professional never would have thought of that good job looks amazing i might have to steal this idea from u....

5. ChokingChicken

^+1

(no worries, you'll get the props)

diggin the plate cover BTW

6. blacksheep818

Thanks guys i did this so that nobody could come up to my car rip off because of the double sided tape. lancermike go ahead dude this is why i did this How To

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

great idea about the rivets E, actually diggin it!!! how many more horses did you get?

8. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

yeah...and if you get the aluminum fuel door it'll match

9. ChokingChicken

no now we just need a rivetted carbon fiber fuel door... Then we'd be set up

10. blacksheep818

thanks dude i got like 5hp from each rivet its like OMG lol

11. ChokingChicken

ya i'm seriously considering rivetting a few things in the engine compartment, simply for dressup... and a couple extra horses of course

12. Texas Aggie

alright...here's a dumb and maybe self answered question...

what does this shield do? I've noticed on some hondas that they have a nice shade of black over their exhaust...is that the reason? prevention?

13. ChokingChicken

i'm pretty sure that's it.

but seriously, just look at it. Isn't that reason enough to get it

14. blacksheep818

^^ yup thats the idea but i got it because when i first got my exhaust it was touching my bumper and melting it so it looked nasty so i covered it

15. Texas Aggie

Choking: it does look nice but I'm not a CF type. i do like the rivet look though

16. ChokingChicken

Well there's a quick, sexy, fix for ya.

Daddy: i hear ya, the rivets seriously make this shield tho, like when i looked at it on RRM's site i thought that would never look good, so blacksheep i would expect a ton of copies to come.

but we'll all remember who the master mind was and bow down at your brilliance

17. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

That looks pretty good.

18. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

your a celebrity now sheep :lol:

19. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

now this is hot. I was also worried about the double sided tape due to it just falling off or somebody ripping it off. But this also adds a look of 5+whp lol.

Ima be getting an exhaust soon and am really looking forward to buying this but just not sure if its any use as far as what it is intended to do.

A question for ya though, did you still use tthe double sided take to just keep it there solid?

20. blacksheep818

no theres no need to keep the tape its on there really solid with the rivets