How often do you wash/vacuum/wax/detail your Lancer?

Discussion in 'Automotive Care' started by Helix, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Out of curiosity. As the title says, how often do you guys wash and vacuum, wax, or have your car detailed?

Here in Washington it rains a lot, so I try to wash it every other week, or sooner if it just looks filthy. I try to vacuum at the same time, or at least wipe down the interior. I have yet to wax or get my car detailed, but I plan on doing both when I get back to the States next winter.

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Lol. Rarely.

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, I'm known in these parts as the clean freak. Here's my breakdown:::

Wash-- usually once a week...sometimes twice

Vacuum-- I have two boys...so a couple times a week

Wipe down/clean the interior-- whenever I vacuum the car

Wax--every couple months. I use a diluted solution of Purple Power and car wash to strip old wax, then re-wax after washing again with car wash soap. (to get rid of the residue the Purple Power leaves)

Get car detailed-- Never. I always do it myself.

I'm not really a clean freak....I just cant stand a dirty car. At all. Ok, I'm anal about clean cars.

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I do it once or twice a year. Im soo busy and tired. You know being an old man and all. But when i do clean it up i remove my seats and give those a good cleaning. I take out the carpet and vacuum and shampoo it. Only thing i dont do is clean the engine bay and wax it. I really should wax it though.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I would care about it more, if the place I work at wasn't so dusty.

6. roblaza

roblaza Well-Known Member

In the winter, it's a very rare thing to see me washing or getting my car washed.

In the summer it's 2 times a week minimum as I travel a lot of back roads.

Interior get thoroughly vacuumed and cleaned once a week, shampoo'd once a month I'd say.

I clay bar it in the spring and buff it twice a year (spring and fall). Wax once every couPle months.

I do it all myself as I was a detailer for 7 years, so I'm extremely particular lol

7. UsedCarFleet

UsedCarFleet New Member

I wash and vaccum my lancer once in a wek. and wax once in 3 months. If i have some time during this three months use the liquid wax turtle ICE to shine it.

8. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

I wash my car once a weeks detail the interior once every couple of weeks. I do it myself and wax the car every six months, if you do it anymore than that you can cause the clear coat to wear off to early. I also wipe down my engine bay once a week. people are impressed when they see my engine bay because its always so clean. Also wipe down the inside the doors every couple of weeks.

9. Berger

Berger New Member

I wash mine once a week at the local car wash with just the pressure washer. If we don't have water restrictions, I like to do a thorough was at home. I will be doing a clay bar this spring just to get the winter gunk off and shine it up a bit. Detail the interior every three months but vacuum the carpets when needed along with a dash wipe. I don't go under the hood with water but will wipe it down to keep the dust away.