How fast will it really go stock?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by GiveMeEvo, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sneakerhi

sneakerhi Well-Known Member

hahaha please slow down i like that :D

yeah i only had the guts to take mine 130mph racing a mazda 6
    i kept up with it at least :p

2. EVO

EVO Active Member

its manual 2.0 right?

3. drew88

drew88 Member

ive had mine to 220 km takes a while to get there i think tho

4. EVO

EVO Active Member

does the speedometer displays actual speed? it seems when compare to GPS's speed the difference could be around 8-10km/h less than car's speed reading.

5. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

The speed-o-meter is accurate cuz it actually in the car. The only time it wont be accurate is with under inflated tires. Really small rim/tires combo or really big rims/tires combo. Its hard for a satalite to track actual mileage from over 5000 miles away. Thats like you saying an ant is only going .5 miles an hour to hour speed limit but in there speed limit its really them running fast as hell.

6. EVO

EVO Active Member

thanks for the info Jogenmaru.

7. aznboiultra

aznboiultra Well-Known Member

The slow down pic was hilarious and it reminded me of what happen to me back in 2009 when I took my 08 lancer on a cruise through some small towns on the side of the mountain. The day before it was raining hard, so the next morning it was clear sky and I was doing almost 80mph. When I was making a small left turn(more like a curve) my front right wheel ran over some wet dirty that was wash in to the pavement and my lancer display the warning signal and flash the icy road sign.

I was wondering do any of you guys know what is the max speed (mph) you can drive with stock oem tires? Because I heard if you drive over the speed that your tired is rated for it will blow up or rip apart while driving and the same thing if driving at the speed it is rated at for a certain amount of minutes.

8. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

The letter will be posted on your tire wall

Q- Up to 100mph
    R- Up to 106mph
    S- Up to 112mph
    T- Up to 118mph[​IMG]
    U- Up to 124mph
    H- Up to 130mph
    V- Up to 149mph[​IMG]
    W- Up to 168mph
    Y- Up to 186mph
    Z- 149mph and over

9. aznboiultra

aznboiultra Well-Known Member

Oh, what is it for the stock oem? I replaced my oem tires a while ago when it was at 28k with the yokohama avid envigor and the rated speed is W.

10. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Mine deff topped at 135 and I have pirelli p-zero rated at W speed. Grippy sweet tires :)

The CEO uses Tapatalk why aren't you?

11. LiX

LiX Well-Known Member

The car won't go faster than speed limit defined in ECU :) It can go faster, but when it hits speed limit, ECU just stops injecting more fuel. I checked settings in my ECU and speed limit was set to 217 km/h. It can be changed to higher value so top speed can be achieved.